Essay Topic 1
Harrer sees extreme climbing as being a challenge for both the mental and physical aspects of mankind. Discuss the relationship of the mental and physical in Harrer's book.
1) How does Harrer defend extreme climbing from critics who call it suicidally dangerous, and how strong are his arguments that extreme climbing requires extreme mental balance?
2) What is the relationship of the mental and physical aspects of climbing, and what are examples from the book of both mental and physical accomplishments?
3) How does technology and equipment affect the mental and physical challenges of climbing?
Essay Topic 2
Extreme mountain climbing pushes the limits of human ability. Discuss this aspect of climbing in Harrer's book.
1) What drives human being to push the limits of human ability, according to Harrer? Is this a worthwhile pursuit?
2) How do the limits of human accomplishment change over time? Does climbing the North Face become...
This section contains 1,626 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)