|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1496, how old does Elizabeth remember her brother Richard being when she last saw him?
2. In September 1491, how many daughters has Cecily had?
3. In 1495, when is Elizabeth with child again?
4. In autumn of 1492, when Henry goes to war, how many horses and knights follow Henry?
5. How will the boy pretending to be Prince Richard be brought to Henry in Greenwich Palace, London, Winter 1492?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth describe her children and what they are doing in the summer of 1495?
2. How do the Scotch feel about England in 1488?
3. In the autumn of 1497, what does Henry tell Elizabeth she must do when he brings the boy to London?
4. In Westminster Palace, London, Autumn 1491, what does Henry say about Queen Elizabeth?
5. Who are the Cornishmen and why do they start grumbling in 1497?
6. Why does Queen Elizabeth refuse to tell Elizabeth anything about the boy who is being touted as Elizabeth's brother Richard?
7. In 1494, what does Margaret learn when she visit her brother in the Tower?
8. What does Elizabeth's mother tell her about love in the Spring of 1489?
9. Why does Elizabeth not want her son to go to Wales and have his own court at Ludlow Castle when he is six?
10. What role has Henry's uncle Jasper played in his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry and his mother are consumed by fear. Why are Henry and his mother so fearful and how does their fear lead to paranoia and interfere with Henry's efforts to rule England?
Essay Topic 2
Henry trusts very few people. Who can Henry trust, and why are there so few people that he finds trustworthy?
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth sometimes compares Henry to her father. What does the author reveal about what makes a good king through the examples of these two men?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)