|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the defeat of the Cornishmen in the summer of 1497, what does Henry do with some of them that upsets Arthur?
2. When does Henry come home in 1492 after going to battle in France?
3. In 1496 who does the pretender marry?
4. In 1496, how old does Elizabeth remember her brother Richard being when she last saw him?
5. In 1497, what job does Lambert Simnel have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur tell his mother about punishing the Cornishmen for the rebellion?
2. In Westminster Palace, London, Autumn 1491, what does Henry say about Queen Elizabeth?
3. What awakens Elizabeth in the autumn of 1495?
4. How does Elizabeth describe her children and what they are doing in the summer of 1495?
5. What does Elizabeth's mother tell her about love in the Spring of 1489?
6. In the autumn of 1497, what does Henry tell Elizabeth she must do when he brings the boy to London?
7. When Elizabeth first meets Lady Katherine Huntly in 1497, how does she describe the woman?
8. What role has Henry's uncle Jasper played in his life?
9. How do the Scotch feel about England in 1488?
10. In 1494, what does Margaret learn when she visit her brother in the Tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elizabeth marries Henry and eventually becomes the Queen of England. Is Elizabeth’s title as queen a symbol of power or is she queen in name only? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the women in the novel have marriages arranged for them. Why were arranged marriages so common, and what benefits and disadvantages were there of these marriages for the women, especially for Elizabeth, Maggie, and Cecily?
Essay Topic 3
Elizabeth struggles with her loyalty to the family she grew up with and the family she married into. Why does Elizabeth have divided loyalties, and how does she struggle to be loyal to her husband and to be loyal to her birth family, especially her mother?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)