|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1491, how old is Sir Richard Pole?
2. In March 1496, who does Henry say that the pretender's father is?
3. After the defeat of the Cornishmen in the summer of 1497, what does Henry do with some of them that upsets Arthur?
4. In the summer of 1493, which people are not for the house of Tudor?
5. In 1493, how old is Elizabeth's grandmother Cecily Duchess of York?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1496, who does the boy who claims to be Richard marry?
2. When does Elizabeth have her second child, and what is the child named?
3. In 1492, what does Elizabeth see and hear as England arms for war?
4. During Christmas 1488, what does Margaret tell Elizabeth about her brother Edward?
5. What does Arthur tell his mother about punishing the Cornishmen for the rebellion?
6. What role has Henry's uncle Jasper played in his life?
7. In Westminster Palace, London, Autumn 1491, what does Henry say about Queen Elizabeth?
8. Why does Elizabeth not want her son to go to Wales and have his own court at Ludlow Castle when he is six?
9. In 1494, what does Margaret learn when she visit her brother in the Tower?
10. What happens when Henry marches on France in 1492?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry would not have married Elizabeth if she was barren. Why was having children so important, and how did children represent stability for their families?
Essay Topic 2
Elizabeth tries to help Henry learn how to be a confident king. How do Henry’s fears and anxieties interfere with his ability to rule his country and inspire his people as a leader?
Essay Topic 3
When Elizabeth marries Henry, she makes vows. What are those vows and how does she carry out these promises during their marriage?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)