|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elizabeth's aunt Margaret a duchess?
2. In 1491, when does Elizabeth think that she is pregnant again?
3. In February 1492, where does Henry want to send Arthur?
4. In Westminster Palace, London, Spring 1493, how many people does Elizabeth realize there may be writing secret letters, storing weapons, and making plans to kill the Tudors?
5. When does Elizabeth's daughter Elizabeth die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth not want her son to go to Wales and have his own court at Ludlow Castle when he is six?
2. What role has Henry's uncle Jasper played in his life?
3. In 1496, who does the boy who claims to be Richard marry?
4. Who points out the beacons in the summer of 1495 and how does that person feel about the beacons?
5. How do the Scotch feel about England in 1488?
6. What does Arthur tell his mother about punishing the Cornishmen for the rebellion?
7. When does Elizabeth have her second child, and what is the child named?
8. In Westminster Palace, London, Autumn 1491, what does Henry say about Queen Elizabeth?
9. What happens when Henry marches on France in 1492?
10. What army does Charles of France send and where in 1491?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Elizabeth had a close relationship with her mother. What type of relationship did the two women have, and how did their relationship affect Elizabeth and the type of woman she is?
Essay Topic 2
Henry and Lady Margaret suspected that Queen Elizabeth was partially responsible for some of the rebellions. Why was Queen Elizabeth suspected of inciting rebellions, and what does the author reveal about her guilt or innocence?
Essay Topic 3
There are double standards for men and women in the novel. What are some double standards that Elizabeth deals with, and how do they complicate her life?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)