|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In St. Mary's in the Fields, Norwich, Summer 1487, who has coached a common lad who is being touted as the King of England?
2. How many children did Lady Margaret have?
3. When Henry asks Elizabeth to dance in Westminster Palace, London, December 1485, who is Elizabeth's partner?
4. In Sheriff Hutton Castle, Yorkshire, Autumn 1485, when do servants light a fresh candle every day?
5. In Westminster Palace, London, Autumn 1484, how old is Henry Tudor?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Coventry Castle, Summer 1487, how does Henry want his mother and Elizabeth to act while he is gone?
2. In Sheriff Hutton Castle, Yorkshire, Autumn 1485, who is with Elizabeth at the castle?
3. Who is John Morton?
4. In Westminster Palace, London, Christmas 1486, when does Henry say that he goes to see Arthur and what does he do there?
5. In Westminster Palace, London, March 1486, how does Elizabeth describe her father?
6. In June of 1487 when Henry goes to battle, what does Elizabeth say to him before he goes?
7. Why does Henry's mother wait up for him every night?
8. What is the illness like that appears in Westminster Palace, London, Autumn 1485?
9. What is the room like where Elizabeth will spend her confinement before and after her baby is born?
10. In the summer of 1487 in Norwich, how do Elizabeth and Henry celebrate the feast of Corpus Christi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry is not respected by the people of England. Why does he not inspire trust in the people of England and why do the people of England not trust him?
Essay Topic 2
Henry would not have married Elizabeth if she was barren. Why was having children so important, and how did children represent stability for their families?
Essay Topic 3
Henry’s mother combines the white rose of the Yorks with the red rose of the Tudors. What is the symbolism of the white and red roses, and what does the Tudor rose symbolize when it is created by combining the two roses?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)