|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Westminster Palace, London, December 1485, what is the name of Queen Elizabeth's brother who dines with Elizabeth and her family?
2. In Sheriff Hutton Castle, Yorkshire, Autumn 1485, where did Richard lose a battle according to Elizabeth?
3. How much younger was Elizabeth than Queen Anne?
4. In Westminster Palace, London,.December 1485, who has made Margaret and Edward wards?
5. What colors are on the Tudor flag?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the summer of 1487 in Norwich, how do Elizabeth and Henry celebrate the feast of Corpus Christi?
2. Who is John Morton?
3. What has Maggie's life been like in On the Great North Road, Autumn 1485?
4. In Sheriff Hutton Castle, Yorkshire, Autumn 1485, what does Elizabeth dream?
5. Who is the boy that was crowned king of England in 1487 and what happens to him when Henry captures him?
6. In Coventry Castle, Summer 1487, how does Henry want his mother and Elizabeth to act while he is gone?
7. Why does Elizabeth tell Margaret that she and Edward will not dine with Henry and his court in Westminster Palace, London, December 1485?
8. What does Elizabeth say about marrying Henry when Margaret asks her if Elizabeth minds in Westminster Palace, London, December 1485?
9. In Westminster Palace, London, March 1486, what does Elizabeth tell Henry that her father used to do when he had to listen to speeches?
10. In June of 1487 when Henry goes to battle, what does Elizabeth say to him before he goes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry’s mother combines the white rose of the Yorks with the red rose of the Tudors. What is the symbolism of the white and red roses, and what does the Tudor rose symbolize when it is created by combining the two roses?
Essay Topic 2
Henry and Lady Margaret suspected that Queen Elizabeth was partially responsible for some of the rebellions. Why was Queen Elizabeth suspected of inciting rebellions, and what does the author reveal about her guilt or innocence?
Essay Topic 3
Henry was devastated when his uncle Jasper died. What was the relationship between Henry and Jasper, and why was Henry so devastated when his uncle died?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)