|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What colors are on the Tudor flag?
2. In Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire, June 1487, where are the mercenaries from who have been paid to win England back for York?
3. In Sheriff Hutton Castle, Yorkshire, Autumn 1485, what is the name of Elizabeth's love who died?
4. In St. Mary's in the Fields, Norwich, Summer 1487, who has coached a common lad who is being touted as the King of England?
5. In Section 4, while Arthur is being christened, what is the dress like that Elizabeth puts on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the boy that was crowned king of England in 1487 and what happens to him when Henry captures him?
2. Why does Henry's mother wait up for him every night?
3. What does Elizabeth say about marrying Henry when Margaret asks her if Elizabeth minds in Westminster Palace, London, December 1485?
4. Why does Elizabeth tell Margaret that she and Edward will not dine with Henry and his court in Westminster Palace, London, December 1485?
5. In the summer of 1487 in Norwich, how do Elizabeth and Henry celebrate the feast of Corpus Christi?
6. During the feast of Corpus Christi in 1487, why is Henry afraid to take communion?
7. In June of 1487 when Henry goes to battle, what does Elizabeth say to him before he goes?
8. Who was St. Margaret of Hungary?
9. In Westminster Palace, London, November 1485, how does Elizabeth describe Henry Tudor?
10. What does Elizabeth wear and how does she look on the day that she marries Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry and Elizabeth face many challenges in their life together. How does the development of Henry’s character through these challenges compare to how Elizabeth’s character develops?
Essay Topic 2
Henry is not respected by the people of England. Why does he not inspire trust in the people of England and why do the people of England not trust him?
Essay Topic 3
Henry would not have married Elizabeth if she was barren. Why was having children so important, and how did children represent stability for their families?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)