|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In On the Great North Road, Autumn 1485, where does Maggie consider taking her brother, Edward?
2. In Westminster Palace, London, Christmas 1486, where is Elizabeth's uncle John Woodville going?
3. In On the Great North Road, Autumn 1485, how long does Elizabeth's party have to stop to rest on their journey because the children are riding their ponies?
4. To which saint does Maggie pray for her brother in Palace of Sheen, Richmond, Spring 1487?
5. In St. Mary's in the Fields, Norwich, Summer 1487, where do Henry and Elizabeth celebrate the feast of Corpus Christi?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the summer of 1487 who is plotting against Henry?
2. What is the room like where Elizabeth will spend her confinement before and after her baby is born?
3. In Sheriff Hutton Castle, Yorkshire, Autumn 1485, who is with Elizabeth at the castle?
4. What is Arthur's christening gown like?
5. What is Elizabeth told when she asks if she can nurse her baby?
6. Why does Henry's mother wait up for him every night?
7. In Westminster Palace, London, March 1486, how does Elizabeth describe her father?
8. Who is the man that Cecily will marry in Section 4?
9. In Sheriff Hutton Castle, Yorkshire, Autumn 1485, what does Elizabeth dream?
10. Who does Henry want Elizabeth's mother to marry and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are double standards for men and women in the novel. What are some double standards that Elizabeth deals with, and how do they complicate her life?
Essay Topic 2
Elizabeth struggles with her loyalty to the family she grew up with and the family she married into. Why does Elizabeth have divided loyalties, and how does she struggle to be loyal to her husband and to be loyal to her birth family, especially her mother?
Essay Topic 3
Queen Elizabeth and Lady Margaret had different methods for raising children. What does the author reveal about motherhood through the examples of these two women and the children that they raise?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)