|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Elizabeth's daughter born?
(a) October 21, 1489.
(b) October 30, 1489.
(c) November 21, 1489.
(d) November 28, 1489.
2. In 1495, when the pretender lands in England and then leaves, how many of his men are killed?
(c) A few hundred.
(d) Several thousand.
3. In 1491, what type of bird does Henry hunt with?
(b) Peregrine falcon.
(d) Harris's hawk.
4. In 1496 who does the pretender marry?
(a) Rosanna Louden.
(b) Margaret Whitington.
(c) Cecily Townsend.
(d) Katherine Huntly.
5. Where is Elizabeth's aunt Margaret a duchess?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the time that Elizabeth spends in the Palace of Sheen in February 1492, where does she remember that Lady Margaret spent many years?
2. In Spring 1493, who is among those who slip away from England and go to Flanders?
3. After the defeat of the Cornishmen in the summer of 1497, what does Henry do with some of them that upsets Arthur?
4. After the Scots invade in 1496, how much does Henry demand from Parliament to pay for soldiers to stand against the Scots?
5. In the summer of 1497, how tall is the blacksmith said to be who is leading a rebellion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awakens Elizabeth in the autumn of 1495?
2. In Greenwich Palace, London, June 1492, what does Elizabeth hear, and what does she realize that she is hearing?
3. What army does Charles of France send and where in 1491?
4. How do the Scotch feel about England in 1488?
5. In Westminster Palace, London, Autumn 1491, what does Henry say about Queen Elizabeth?
6. What does Elizabeth's mother tell her about love in the Spring of 1489?
7. When Elizabeth first meets Lady Katherine Huntly in 1497, how does she describe the woman?
8. In 1491, why is Margaret, Elizabeth's cousin, glad to marry Sir Richard Pole?
9. What role has Henry's uncle Jasper played in his life?
10. Who are the Cornishmen and why do they start grumbling in 1497?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)