Section 1: Sheriff Hutton Castle, Yorkshire, Autumn 1485 – Westminster Palace, London, November 1485
• Princess Elizabeth of York is mourning her lover, King Richard, who was killed in battle.
• Her mother, Queen Elizabeth, writes and asks Elizabeth to come to Tudor castle with her sisters and cousins.
• Elizabeth is to be married to Henry Tudor, who killed King Richard.
• Elizabeth tells her 16-year-old sister Cecily, that no one can know about the affair she had with Richard.
• Cecily had been married to a commoner before the battle that killed Richard.
• Elizabeth, her sisters, and her cousins arrive at Westminster Palace.
• Henry Tudor has promised to marry Elizabeth.
• Elizabeth’s cousin Maggie is concerned that her brother is in danger because he is the last York heir to the throne.
• Even though Elizabeth knows that her mother was not able to protect her brothers, she promises Maggie that her mother will protect Maggie...
This section contains 5,865 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)