|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Ruth's eyes when he is stressed?
2. Where does Sebell propose that the Lord Holders be given land to occupy in Southern?
3. From where do Menolly and Jaxom begin their trip to the cove on the Southern Continent?
4. Who is Jaxom's first visitor as he recovers at the cove?
5. Why is Jaxom so sick that Ruth has to call for help?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sharra think of the building design for the Master Harper that is to be built in the Southern Cove?
2. Why at the beginning of Chapter 13, does Ruth wonder if Jaxom feels better?
3. What are the Dawn Sisters?
4. What does Robinton hear as he struggles with the pain in his chest?
5. How did Menolly get her fire-lizard Poll?
6. How does Jaxom feel about Sharra?
7. How does Menolly know that there are fire-lizards in the South?
8. Who brings dragons at the last minute to the rising of Caylith at Ista?
9. What other types of camps are being built on the Southern Continent?
10. How does Jaxom figure out when D'ram might be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Northern and Southern Continents and the people who live there. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether it was or was not necessary for F'lar to kill T'kul at Ista. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why there is a conflict between Jaxom and Toric and whether or not it is resolved. Use examples from "The White Dragon."
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)