|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who copied every single Traditional song and ballad and bound them in blue wherhide for the Harper at Cove Hold?
2. How many bronzes does Robinton count circling the killing ground at Ista?
3. Where do Jaxom and Ruth spend the night after locating D'ram?
4. Who takes Robinton to Ista at the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. Who made the Harper's special chair at Cove Hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Stupid a clever beast?
2. What does Jaxom remember about his and Ruth's arrival at the cove after they fought Thread?
3. What will D'ram need if he is to become Weyrleader at the weyr in Southern?
4. What other types of camps are being built on the Southern Continent?
5. Why do the dragonriders want land in the South?
6. Why is the watchdragon angry when Menolly and Jaxom go to Benden Weyr to tell them they have found D'ram?
7. Who comes to the cove on a runner beast?
8. How does Jaxom feel about Sharra?
9. Why does N'ton say that Jaxom owes his life to Ruth?
10. What are the Dawn Sisters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The White Dragon" could be considered either a fantasy novel or a science fiction novel. Using examples from the novel, argue whether "The White Dragon" is fantasy or science fiction.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether it was mostly Robinton's maneuvering or something else that attributed to everyone on Pern looking to the Benden Weyrleaders for leadership on the Southern Continent. Use examples from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationship between dragon and rider and how this bond affects their lives. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)