|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jaxom's second visitor as he recovers at the cove?
2. Who is the youngest queen at Fort?
3. How many eggs did Caylith have in her first clutch?
4. In Chapter 15, how much longer does Jaxom have to wait before flying again?
5. What direction do the dragons face when they come to Ruatha to fight the Thread?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Stupid a clever beast?
2. What does Sharra think of the building design for the Master Harper that is to be built in the Southern Cove?
3. How does Jaxom figure out when D'ram might be?
4. Why does N'ton say that Jaxom owes his life to Ruth?
5. Why at the beginning of Chapter 13, does Ruth wonder if Jaxom feels better?
6. How does Menolly know that there are fire-lizards in the South?
7. Why do the dragonriders want land in the South?
8. Who brings dragons at the last minute to the rising of Caylith at Ista?
9. Why is Jaxom worried about Ruth's maturity?
10. Why does Lord Groghe invite Sebell and N'ton to speak with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of the novel Jaxom is unsure of his relationship with Lytol. Argue whether Lytol always has had a deep affection for Jaxom or whether events in the novel caused their relationship to deepen. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast dragons and fire-lizards. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the novel, explain how the Oldtimers were both a solution and problem for Pern.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)