|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the roof of Cove Hold?
2. How long has it taken to complete the surveys for the maps that Sebell shows F'lar and Lessa in Chapter 16?
3. In Chapter 15, how much longer does Jaxom have to wait before flying again?
4. How many fire-lizard eggs does Piemur direct Jaxom and Sharra to?
5. Who brings Jaxom breakfast the day after he locates D'ram?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Stupid a clever beast?
2. Why is the watchdragon angry when Menolly and Jaxom go to Benden Weyr to tell them they have found D'ram?
3. What does Robinton hear as he struggles with the pain in his chest?
4. What will D'ram need if he is to become Weyrleader at the weyr in Southern?
5. Why is Jaxom worried about Ruth's maturity?
6. Who comes to the cove on a runner beast?
7. What other types of camps are being built on the Southern Continent?
8. What are the Dawn Sisters?
9. What does Sharra think of the building design for the Master Harper that is to be built in the Southern Cove?
10. What does Jaxom remember about his and Ruth's arrival at the cove after they fought Thread?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why it was important for the identity of the ones who returned Ramoth's egg to remain a secret and why it would have been detrimental for their identities to be revealed. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why there is a conflict between Jaxom and Toric and whether or not it is resolved. Use examples from "The White Dragon."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the problems created by a lack of land in the North and how those problems were solved. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)