|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rides the youngest queen at Fort?
2. Who takes Robinton to Ista at the beginning of Chapter 14?
3. How many bronzes does Robinton count circling the killing ground at Ista?
4. Whose wing are Jaxom and Ruth to ride with for their first time fighting Thread with Fort dragons?
5. Who is Sebell's fire-lizard?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Stupid eats all the grass in the area, how is more grass obtained for him?
2. What does Jaxom remember about his and Ruth's arrival at the cove after they fought Thread?
3. What are the Dawn Sisters?
4. Why is the watchdragon angry when Menolly and Jaxom go to Benden Weyr to tell them they have found D'ram?
5. In what ways is Stupid a clever beast?
6. What do Piemur, Jaxom, and Sharra dream about the night they found the fire-lizard clutch?
7. Who comes to the cove on a runner beast?
8. What does Robinton hear as he struggles with the pain in his chest?
9. What other types of camps are being built on the Southern Continent?
10. What does Ruth tell Jaxom when he asks him if he would like to fly Path?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why there is a conflict between Jaxom and Toric and whether or not it is resolved. Use examples from "The White Dragon."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the problems created by a lack of land in the North and how those problems were solved. Use examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Menolly's relationship with Robinton and her relationship with Sebell. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)