|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jaxom tell a drudge that he needs medicine when he comes back to Ruatha after returning Ramoth's egg?
2. What is used to ease the pain of Thread score?
3. How tall are the falls that Toric found when exploring the southeastern river on the Southern continent?
4. Who is the weyrlingmaster at Fort?
5. What color fire-lizard does Deelan have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have the Weyrleaders of Bendan, Fort, and two Lords come to Ruatha Hold?
2. What is decided will be done to keep fire-lizards under control at Benden?
3. Why does Jaxom have to be careful to gradually strengthen Ruth's wing muscles?
4. Why did D'ram call a meeting after the hatching at Benden Weyr?
5. How was Ramoth's egg stolen?
6. What excuse does Jaxom use to return to Fidello's hold?
7. What types of foods were served after Wansor's lecture in Chapter 3?
8. How do Jaxom and Ruth feel physically when the egg is returned?
9. Why do the fire-lizards upset Ruth in Chapter 6?
10. What does Mnementh tell Ramoth when she won't let any of the candidates impress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The White Dragon" could be considered either a fantasy novel or a science fiction novel. Using examples from the novel, argue whether "The White Dragon" is fantasy or science fiction.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why it was so important that the dragonriders not seek vengeance for the theft of Ramoth's egg. What would the repercussions have been if they had tried to seek vengeance?
Essay Topic 3
There is a weyr axiom that says "a dragon is not better than his rider." Using examples from the novel to support your position, argue whether the rider does or does not make the dragon.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)