|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Jaxom hunt with Ruth?
2. What color are Ruth's eyes when he is happy?
3. Where do Jaxom and Ruth go to practice using firestone before going to find Corana?
4. Who was Jaxom's father?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, how many turns has Robinton been climbing the stairs to the queen's weyr?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens every time Jaxom goes somewhere with Ruth?
2. What would Toric like to receive from the North?
3. Why does Jaxom have to be careful to gradually strengthen Ruth's wing muscles?
4. What does Mnementh tell Ramoth when she won't let any of the candidates impress?
5. How was Ramoth's egg stolen?
6. In Chapter 7, what does Robinton say they have discovered in the South?
7. What are some things that Robinton has observed about fire-lizards that makes him believe that they can assist in the search for D'ram?
8. What is decided to help Jaxom not feel so isolated?
9. What problems did Jaxom cause when he impressed Ruth?
10. Why do F'lar and Robinton go to Ruatha after Fanna's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of foreshadowing in the novel and how it helps readers predict future events. Use examples from "The White Dragon."
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationship between dragon and rider and how this bond affects their lives. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the novel, explain how the Oldtimers were both a solution and problem for Pern.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)