|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does F'lar come to see Robinton?
2. Where do Jaxom and Ruth go to practice using firestone before going to find Corana?
3. What is the name of Robinton's bronze fire-lizard?
4. How does Ruth know where to find the cove that Robinton wants Jaxom to go to?
5. Where does Jaxom spend a couple of hours afternoons after his training with the weyrlings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Menolly request that Jaxom and Ruth take her to the hatching?
2. Why doesn't the prospect of being confirmed as Lord Holder please Jaxom in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mnementh tell Ramoth when she won't let any of the candidates impress?
4. Why does F'lar come to see Robinton after Fanna's death?
5. What color does N'ton tell Jaxom that Ruth is?
6. Why have the Weyrleaders of Bendan, Fort, and two Lords come to Ruatha Hold?
7. What is decided to help Jaxom not feel so isolated?
8. How was Ramoth's egg stolen?
9. What is decided will be done to keep fire-lizards under control at Benden?
10. Why does Jaxom have to be careful to gradually strengthen Ruth's wing muscles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss Jaxom's and Lytol's relationship and how it changes throughout the novel.
Essay Topic 2
There is a weyr axiom that says "a dragon is not better than his rider." Using examples from the novel to support your position, argue whether the rider does or does not make the dragon.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why it was so important that the dragonriders not seek vengeance for the theft of Ramoth's egg. What would the repercussions have been if they had tried to seek vengeance?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)