|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorse born how many days before before Jaxom?
2. Where does Ruth find a spot to lie down during the hatching?
3. How does Jaxom know that F'lar and Robinton are coming to Ruatha?
4. What is the name of Lord Groghe's little queen fire-lizard?
5. In Chapter 3, how long have the Oldtimers been on the Southern continent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did D'ram call a meeting after the hatching at Benden Weyr?
2. Why does Jaxom have to be careful to gradually strengthen Ruth's wing muscles?
3. What is decided will be done to keep fire-lizards under control at Benden?
4. What would Toric like to receive from the North?
5. What problems did Jaxom cause when he impressed Ruth?
6. What excuse does Jaxom use to return to Fidello's hold?
7. What are some things that Robinton has observed about fire-lizards that makes him believe that they can assist in the search for D'ram?
8. What types of foods were served after Wansor's lecture in Chapter 3?
9. Why does F'lar come to see Robinton after Fanna's death?
10. What color does N'ton tell Jaxom that Ruth is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why there is a conflict between Jaxom and Toric and whether or not it is resolved. Use examples from "The White Dragon."
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether it was or was not necessary for F'lar to kill T'kul at Ista. Use examples from the novel to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Northern and Southern Continents and the people who live there. Use examples from the novel.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)