|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how long have the Oldtimers been on the Southern continent?
2. What Lord comes to the meeting after the hatching at Benden to find out more about the stolen egg and who returned it?
3. How many of the weyrlings at Fort are near Jaxom's age?
4. Who is at the holding when Jaxom and Ruth return to bring more of the new seed?
5. Where are Jaxom and Ruth's quarters at Ruatha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Menolly request that Jaxom and Ruth take her to the hatching?
2. Why do F'lar and Robinton go to Ruatha after Fanna's death?
3. What was going on when Jaxom and Finder on Ruth arrive above the Harpercrafthall in Chapter 5?
4. What does Ruth tell Jaxom about the holder, Tegger, who requests a fire-lizard in Chapter 4?
5. What is decided will be done to keep fire-lizards under control at Benden?
6. How are those on the Southern Continent protected from Thread?
7. Why do the fire-lizards upset Ruth in Chapter 6?
8. How do Jaxom and Ruth feel physically when the egg is returned?
9. Why have the Weyrleaders of Bendan, Fort, and two Lords come to Ruatha Hold?
10. Why is Jaxom having difficulty teaching Ruth to chew firestone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationship between dragon and rider and how this bond affects their lives. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
When Jaxom stands up for himself one morning at breakfast, he is given some of the authority that he will have as a Lord Holder. Explain how the authority that Jaxom is given solves some problems and creates others in his life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of foreshadowing in the novel and how it helps readers predict future events. Use examples from "The White Dragon."
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)