|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where do Menolly and Jaxom begin their trip to the cove on the Southern Continent?
(a) Starstones at Fort.
(b) Nerat's tip.
(c) From the fire heights at Ruatha.
(d) From the Harperhall.
2. Who takes Brekke to Ista?
3. Who brings Jaxom breakfast the day after he locates D'ram?
(b) Mirrim and Menolly.
4. How many days was Jaxom sick with a fever?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 10 days.
5. Where does Sebell suggest the dragonriders take land to occupy in Southern?
(a) The southern section.
(b) The western section.
(c) The northern section.
(d) The eastern section.
6. Who should have gotten Menolly's fire-lizard Poll?
(a) Lord Sangel's child.
(b) Lady Aramina.
(c) Lord Groghe's child.
(d) Lord Groghe.
7. What color is the roof of Cove Hold?
8. Why isn't Robinton startled by the memories of the fire-lizards at Southern?
(a) Because there are remains of boats at Southern.
(b) Because there are remains of buildings at Southern.
(c) Because he believes Pern was settled at Southern first.
(d) Because he was sure that D'ram would have gone to the cove.
9. How many fire-lizard eggs does Piemur direct Jaxom and Sharra to?
(a) 18 eggs.
(b) 31 eggs.
(c) 15 eggs.
(d) 21 eggs.
10. Who is the Lord of Ista?
(a) Lord Warbret.
(b) Lord Faroguy.
(c) Lord Asgenar.
(d) Lord Langrell.
11. From where do men come to help with the Harper Hall?
(a) All Weyrs except Telgar.
(b) All Weyrs except Fort.
(c) All Weyrs except Ista.
(d) All Weyrs except Benden.
12. How many days does it take to complete Cove Hold?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 15 days.
13. Which of Menolly's fire-lizards accompanies Jaxom when he goes to find D'ram?
14. Who is treating the other person who has the same sickness that Jaxom has?
(b) Master Oldive.
15. Why was Piemur sent to survey Pern rather than staying in the Harper hall?
(a) He was causing trouble in the Harper hall.
(b) He asked to be sent there.
(c) He and Sebell did not get along.
(d) His voice changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sebell propose that the Lord Holders be given land to occupy in Southern?
2. How long do Jaxom and Ruth fight Thread their first time?
3. Who brings Lord Groghe to the cove to visit with Jaxom?
4. How long does it take Jaxom, Sharra, and Piemur to walk to the fire-lizards clutch?
5. Who flew Caylith when she rose to mate?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)