|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the holding when Jaxom and Ruth return to bring more of the new seed?
(a) The holder and his wife.
(b) The holder's sister.
(c) Two of the holder's dependents.
(d) The holder, his wife, and his sister.
2. What is used to ease the pain of Thread score?
(a) An herbal infusion.
(c) Ground tubers from a plant grown on Keroon.
(d) Ground bark from a tree.
3. What Lord comes to the meeting after the hatching at Benden to find out more about the stolen egg and who returned it?
(a) Lord Begamon.
(b) Lord Corman.
(c) Lord Warbret.
(d) Lord Deckter.
4. What type of seed does Lytol wish to try this planting season?
(a) Fast-growing wheat.
(c) Fast-growing alfalfa.
5. What do the fire-lizards remember after Ramoth's egg is returned?
(a) The Red Star.
(c) Three dragons with an egg.
(d) Being flamed by dragons.
6. What color are Menolly's eyes?
7. What happened to the man who used to be holder of the land where they are taking the new seed?
(a) Got a bad infection.
(b) Died of a high fever.
(c) Was killed in a fight.
(d) Fell and died while tracking wherries.
8. How many wherries does Ruth eat when she goes hunting in Chapter 4?
9. Where does Robinton want Jaxom to go after he and F'lar travel to Ruatha?
(c) Southern Continent.
(d) Half-Circle Hold.
10. What is the name of N'ton's dragon?
11. Who is D'ram's wing-second?
12. What relationship is there between Jaxom and Dorse?
(a) They are uncle and nephew.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are milk-brothers.
13. What type of wine does Masterharper Robinton hope is served at Ruatha?
(a) Lemos wine.
(b) Bitra wine.
(c) Fort wine.
(d) Benden wine.
14. What is the name of Lord Groghe's little queen fire-lizard?
15. Where does Jaxom spend a couple of hours afternoons after his training with the weyrlings?
(a) With Menolly.
(b) Classes at the Harperhall.
(c) Classes at the Smith crafthall.
(d) With Corana.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jaxom impress Ruth?
2. Where are Lytol and Jaxom planting a new seed?
3. How much bigger is Mnementh than Oldtimer bronze dragons?
4. When Thread falls in Chapter 6, how does Jaxom help fight Thread?
5. Who is the only full-blooded Ruathan left alive after Fax's treacherous attack on the hold?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)