|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to ask Gunnar about his speech?
(a) The university administration.
(c) His creative writing professor.
2. What is Gunnar asked his comments about?
(a) The ways the government hurts blacks.
(b) How long it will be before he publishes his poems.
(c) When his baby is due.
(d) The suicide of a black student union leader.
3. Where does a recruiter from Harvard take Gunnar?
(a) To the space center.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To a five star hotel.
(d) To a Harvard football game.
4. Where does Gunnar's wedding take place?
(a) On the front lawn of his house.
(b) At the high school.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At the Baptist church.
5. What does Gunnar think of the rhetoric of Ambrosia?
(a) He thinks it is partly correct.
(b) He thinks its pretentious and ridiculous.
(c) He thinks it would make a good poem.
(d) He thinks it is written badly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of concatenate?
2. What does Nick ask Gunnar when he brings up suicide?
3. Who arrives at Gunnar's house while the writing class is there?
4. What major event occurred at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
5. What does the school guidance counselor find unbelievable about Gunnar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gunnar's father do after the riots and how does Gunnar feel about it?
2. What does Gunnar see when they finally get out of practice in Chapter Seven and how does he learn what is happening?
3. What does the recruiter from Boston University do to woo Gunnar?
4. Where does Gunnar find refuge in his new school, how does he get his assignments and why has he been brought to that school?
5. What happens when Gunnar leaves his creative writing class in Chapter Ten when Gunnar is going home?
6. What happens in Chapter Seven when Gunnar arrives at Ms. Kim's store?
7. Who comes to talk to Gunnar about his speech the next day and what do they ask him about?
8. What does Gunnar decide is the best approach to speaking and what does he talk about?
9. What does Gunnar say to the reporters about suicide?
10. What happens when Yoshiko goes into labor?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)