|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gunnar feel about the introductory speaker?
2. What major event occurred at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) Gunnar's father is shot on duty.
(b) Gunnar is named most valuable player.
(c) Gunnar wins the state championship.
(d) The King incident officers were aquitted.
3. What do some people think Gunnar's speech at the rally does?
(a) Prompts people to commit suicide.
(b) Encourages minority students to graduate.
(c) Causes unrest among minority students.
(d) Pushes people to burn the university.
4. What does Coach Shimimoto do at basketball practice in Chapter Seven?
(a) Have the players form a friendship circle.
(b) Keep the team longer than usual.
(c) End the practice early.
(d) Cuss out Gunnar.
5. What does Gunnar say most people are not ready to do?
(a) Graduate from college.
(b) Take on the government.
(c) Speak the truth.
(d) Die for an idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Gunnar wanted at this school?
2. What does Gunnar decide is the best approach to his speech?
3. What is the meaning of concatenate?
4. What do the wedding crashers say to the guests?
5. What is the commotion Gunnar notices when he leaves a man's house after watching television there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Yoshiko goes into labor?
2. What does Gunnar's father do after the riots and how does Gunnar feel about it?
3. What does Coach Shimimoto do and say when he keeps the team longer at practice in Chapter Seven?
4. What does Gunnar do when he can find no extracurricular activities to join and want does Gunnar write Yoshiko while on the road?
5. To what is Gunnar invited to speak and how does Gunnar feel about the introductory speaker?
6. What does Gunnar's creative writing class want him to do?
7. What does Gunnar decide is the best approach to speaking and what does he talk about?
8. What does the recruiter from Boston University do to woo Gunnar?
9. What kind of social life does Gunnar, Yoshiko and Nick have in Boston?
10. What does Gunnar's coach tell him about Nick and what does the coach have for him? What does Gunnar do?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)