|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs the marriage ceremony?
(a) The FedX driver.
(b) The Baptist minister.
(c) The UPS driver.
(d) Gunnar's mother.
2. Why does Gunnar walk into the water at the beach?
(a) It is hot.
(b) To go surfing.
(c) To swim for exercise.
(d) To kill himself.
3. Why does Gunnar go to Ms. Kim's store?
(a) To break a window.
(b) To loot the store.
(c) To get something to drink.
(d) To see if she is okay.
4. What does Gunnar do when the introductory speaker is talking?
(a) Openly shows his contempt.
(b) Raises a political sign in the air.
(c) Supports him with clapping.
(d) Falls asleep.
5. Why don't Gunnar and Yoshiko have a social life in Boston?
(a) They don't like Boston food.
(b) They find nothing enjoyable or familiar.
(c) They have no money.
(d) They are not white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Psycho Loco ask the Boston University recruiter?
2. What does Gunnar do when he can't find any extracurricular activities he wants to do?
3. What does Gunnar say to Psycho when he offers Gunnar some valuable loot?
4. What does Gunnar think of the rhetoric of Ambrosia?
5. Who crashes Gunnar's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick complain about Boston and what does he do about it?
2. To what is Gunnar invited to speak and how does Gunnar feel about the introductory speaker?
3. How does the school counselor feel about Gunnar's SAT scores and what happens because of his scores?
4. What does Gunnar do when he can find no extracurricular activities to join and want does Gunnar write Yoshiko while on the road?
5. What does Gunnar say to the reporters about suicide?
6. What does Gunnar decide is the best approach to speaking and what does he talk about?
7. What happens when Yoshiko goes into labor?
8. Who crashes Gunnar's wedding and what happens between them and his bride?
9. What does Gunnar's coach tell him about Nick and what does the coach have for him? What does Gunnar do?
10. Where does Gunnar find refuge in his new school, how does he get his assignments and why has he been brought to that school?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)