|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yoshiko tell Gunnar about herself one morning?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) She made the President's List.
(c) She is flunking school.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. What does Nick say Gunnar forgot to factor in when Gunnar spoke of music being finite?
(a) How long a note can be sustained.
(b) The concept of time.
(c) The number of different musical instruments.
(d) Man's ingenuity.
3. What does Coach Shimimoto do at basketball practice in Chapter Seven?
(a) Keep the team longer than usual.
(b) Cuss out Gunnar.
(c) Have the players form a friendship circle.
(d) End the practice early.
4. What does Gunnar's mother force him to do during his free time?
(a) Associate with other friends.
(b) Study for the SAT.
(c) Babysit his younger sister.
(d) Work at the local grocery store.
5. What does Gunnar decide is the best approach to his speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gunnar mock the game played between Campesino and Hillside?
2. What is the commotion Gunnar notices when he leaves a man's house after watching television there?
3. What do some people think Gunnar's speech at the rally does?
4. Who rescues Gunnar and Yoshiko at the L.A. airport?
5. How does Gunnar feel about the introductory speaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is Gunnar invited to speak and how does Gunnar feel about the introductory speaker?
2. What does Gunnar find out when he gets out of the hospital after the riots and goes to Psycho's house? What does Psycho say to Gunnar?
3. What does the recruiter from Boston University do to woo Gunnar?
4. What does Gunnar's creative writing class want him to do?
5. What happens when Gunnar leaves his creative writing class in Chapter Ten when Gunnar is going home?
6. What does Gunnar decide is the best approach to speaking and what does he talk about?
7. Who comes to talk to Gunnar about his speech the next day and what do they ask him about?
8. What does Nick complain about Boston and what does he do about it?
9. How does the school counselor feel about Gunnar's SAT scores and what happens because of his scores?
10. What happens when Yoshiko goes into labor?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)