|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major event occurred at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) Gunnar's father is shot on duty.
(b) Gunnar is named most valuable player.
(c) Gunnar wins the state championship.
(d) The King incident officers were aquitted.
2. Where does Gunnar find a refuge at school?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The chemistry lab.
(c) The gym.
(d) The library.
3. What does Gunnar see when he leaves basketball practice in Chapter Seven?
(a) Columns of smoke.
(b) A wrecked motocycle.
(c) Psycho Loco bashing in a car window.
(d) Nick's girlfriend looking for him.
4. What does Psycho Loco ask the Boston University recruiter?
(a) If Gunnar will be paid a salary.
(b) Whether Psycho can also get a scholarship.
(c) About housing for married students.
(d) If Boston University has a racial quota.
5. What does Gunnar say he is ready to do?
(a) Lead an armed rebellion.
(b) Burn up the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gunnar feel about the members of his creative writing class?
2. Why was Gunnar wanted at this school?
3. What does the school guidance counselor find unbelievable about Gunnar?
4. What is the meaning of concatenate?
5. What does Gunnar do when he leaves his creative writing class and walks home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gunnar do when he can find no extracurricular activities to join and want does Gunnar write Yoshiko while on the road?
2. What happens when Gunnar leaves his creative writing class in Chapter Ten when Gunnar is going home?
3. What does Gunnar see when they finally get out of practice in Chapter Seven and how does he learn what is happening?
4. What does Gunnar find out when he gets out of the hospital after the riots and goes to Psycho's house? What does Psycho say to Gunnar?
5. Who comes to talk to Gunnar about his speech the next day and what do they ask him about?
6. To what is Gunnar invited to speak and how does Gunnar feel about the introductory speaker?
7. What does Gunnar's father do after the riots and how does Gunnar feel about it?
8. What does Gunnar's coach tell him about Nick and what does the coach have for him? What does Gunnar do?
9. What does Coach Shimimoto do and say when he keeps the team longer at practice in Chapter Seven?
10. When does Gunnar's wedding take place and who performs the ceremony?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)