|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Gunnar's house while the writing class is there?
(b) Gunnar's mother.
(c) Gunnar's sisters.
(d) Psycho Loco.
2. For what do colleges woo Gunnar?
(a) Being captain of the debate team.
(b) Playing basketball.
(c) To boost minority levels at the colleges.
(d) His athletic and academic abilitites.
3. Why does Gunnar walk into the water at the beach?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To swim for exercise.
(c) To go surfing.
(d) It is hot.
4. What is the meaning of concatenate?
(a) Take apart.
(b) Bring together.
(c) A strange puzzle.
(d) Play fair.
5. What does Gunnar do when the introductory speaker is talking?
(a) Supports him with clapping.
(b) Falls asleep.
(c) Raises a political sign in the air.
(d) Openly shows his contempt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Yoshiko deal with the wedding crashers?
2. What does Gunnar decide is the best approach to his speech?
3. What does Gunnar's mother lend him following the wedding?
4. Who rescues Gunnar and Yoshiko at the L.A. airport?
5. How does Gunnar feel about the introductory speaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Yoshiko goes into labor?
2. What does the recruiter from Boston University do to woo Gunnar?
3. Where is Gunnar's wedding reception and where does he go for a honeymoon?
4. What does Nick complain about Boston and what does he do about it?
5. When does Gunnar's wedding take place and who performs the ceremony?
6. What does Gunnar decide is the best approach to speaking and what does he talk about?
7. Who comes to talk to Gunnar about his speech the next day and what do they ask him about?
8. What does Gunnar say to the reporters about suicide?
9. What does Gunnar's coach tell him about Nick and what does the coach have for him? What does Gunnar do?
10. What does Gunnar do when he can find no extracurricular activities to join and want does Gunnar write Yoshiko while on the road?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)