|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Gunnar and his sisters told when others arrive at the park?
(a) They have to pay a dime each to use the park.
(b) They can use the swings only on the west side of the park.
(c) They are in a gang's turf.
(d) They are not allowed to use the swings.
2. What did the Gun Totin' Hooligans do together originally?
(a) They were a group of dancers.
(b) They all played football together.
(c) They rode motorcycles.
(d) They were a rap band.
3. With what part of playing basketball does Nick have a problem?
(a) Fouling other players.
(b) Attention from the other students.
(c) Arguing with the referee.
(d) Obeying the coach.
4. What does Wolfgang do for a living?
(a) Shines shoes.
(b) School janitor.
(c) Picks cotton.
(d) Paints segregation signs.
5. What is one thing about Gunnar that shocks a young black man Gunnar stops for directions?
(a) That Gunnar had on pink tennis shoes.
(b) That he didn't pay him for information.
(c) Gunnar's clothes.
(d) That he asked directions from a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gunnar like to do most at home?
2. What issue does Gunnar's elementary school take to absurd levels?
3. How does Gunnar feel about organized basketball?
4. What seems to happen whenever Gunnar tries to make friends?
5. Why is the audience shocked by Gunnar's speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Gun Totin' Hooligans come to be a gang?
2. What do police officers in Gunnar's new neighborhood ask him and what is his response?
3. How does Gunnar feel about organized basketball and why? What changes for Nick and Gunnar because of basketball and how do they deal with the change?
4. What does Psycho do to get Gunnar to dance and how does their time at dances often end?
5. What does Gunnar's elementary school emphasize?
6. What does Gunnar do when he returns to class following his health examination?
7. With whom does Gunnar make friends during his first semester at his new school and what does he choose in his second semester schedule?
8. What happens when Gunnar is pushing his sister Nicole on the swing?
9. Where does Gunnar's father work, what does he do and what does Gunnar notice when he visits his father at work?
10. With what coach does Gunnar develop a relationship and how did the coach learn to play his sport?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)