|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gunnar feel like in his neighborhood?
(a) A clean-up boy.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A foreigner.
(d) A social reformer.
2. In what subject is Nick Scoby most interested?
(a) Rap music.
3. What was the original name of the Gun Totin' Hooligans?
(a) Body Eccentric.
(b) Electric Heads.
(c) Movin' Legs.
(d) Death by Fear.
4. What two girls never take no for an answer from Gunnar?
(a) Betty and Veronica.
(b) Kathy and Linda.
(c) Sally and Mary.
(d) Penny and Felicia.
5. What type of families live in Gunnar's new neighborhood?
(a) White middle class.
(b) Mixed black and white middle class.
(c) Low income.
(d) Black upper class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class does Gunnar chose for his second semester?
2. What does Franz do for the rest of his life?
3. What outcome do Gunnar and his friends wonder about in Chapter Six?
4. With whom are Gunnar and Nick's drama team competing in a tournament?
5. What does Gunnar do when he returns to class from his examination?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Gunnar the morning after they move to a new neighborhood and his mother tells him to go get breakfast?
2. Why does Gunnar's mother suggest her children should go to a black school?
3. Why did Rolf go to a white high school and what happens to him in Vietnam?
4. What does Nick do to handle some of the attention directed at him and how does that affect Gunnar?
5. What do police officers in Gunnar's new neighborhood ask him and what is his response?
6. What is at the top of the hill from Gunnar's neighborhood?
7. Who is Eileen Litmus, for what is she known at school and how does she affect Gunnar's life at school?
8. With whom has Gunnar become friends in the three years in his new neighborhood and why can he walk unafraid there? What is one of the disadvantages of one of his friends?
9. How does Nick help Gunnar fit into the neighborhood better and how does Gunnar get a basketball?
10. What does Wolfgang Kaufman do in Nashville and why does he move to Chicago? What does he do in Chicago?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)