|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gunnar reads what is his favorite kind of book?
(a) Books about World War II aviation.
(b) Fantasy and science fiction.
(c) Books about politics.
(d) Books about black activists.
2. Why is the audience shocked by Gunnar's speech?
(a) He recites from the wrong play.
(b) He does all of his Shakespearean speech in rap.
(c) He does the entire speech in Spanish.
(d) He modifies Shakespeare.
3. What is every member of Gunnar's high school required to attend monthly?
(a) Classes on drugs and sex.
(b) Classes on financial management.
(c) College admission's testing.
(d) Assemblies discussing racial prejudice.
4. Where does Gunnar go to avoid trouble?
(a) J.C. Penny's.
(c) Sears Roebuck.
(d) Montgomery Wards.
5. What does Gunnar do when he returns to class from his examination?
(a) Tells everyone they can say no.
(b) Tells the class it only took three minutes.
(d) Wildly exaggerates what happened to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children think will happen to them at the park?
2. What kind of summer camp does Gunnar's mother want them to go to?
3. Where does Wolfgang get a job when he moves?
4. What do the Gun Totin' Hooligans do after Pumpkin's memorial ritual?
5. How does Gunnar feel about organized basketball?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Gunnar's father work, what does he do and what does Gunnar notice when he visits his father at work?
2. What kind of work does Ludwig do and what may he unintentionally have done?
3. With what coach does Gunnar develop a relationship and how did the coach learn to play his sport?
4. How do Gunnar and his sisters get along with the other children in the neighborhood?
5. What does Gunnar say his ancestors were like and what is his family situation in Chapter 1? Where does his mother work and what does she tell the children?
6. What is Swen Kaufman's life story, according to Gunnar's mother?
7. What is one of Gunnar's favorite past times from a young age and what is he known for among his friends?
8. Why did Rolf go to a white high school and what happens to him in Vietnam?
9. Why is Psycho Loco upset when he comes to Gunnar's house in Chapter Five?
10. What is at the top of the hill from Gunnar's neighborhood?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)