|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Compton have in the Civil War?
(a) Chief of Staff.
(c) Calvary captain.
(d) Supply officer.
2. What type of social situation does Gunnar hate the most?
(b) Pep rallies.
(c) School clubs.
3. What does Gunnar say the majority of the playground jokes concern?
(a) They are mostly jokes about teachers.
(b) They are mostly gang jokes.
(c) They are mostly jokes about sex.
(d) They are mostly ethnic jokes.
4. What is the park near Gunnar's house like?
(a) It is mostly a place where older boys play basketball.
(b) The playground equipment is too young for Gunnar.
(c) A dangerous, littered mess.
(d) The park has a small creek and a lot of palm trees.
5. What does Gunnar do at Pumpkin's funeral?
(a) Delivers the eulogy.
(b) Recites a poem.
(c) Sits with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pumpkin die?
2. What was the original name of the Gun Totin' Hooligans?
3. What did the Gun Totin' Hooligans do together originally?
4. Who does Gunnar push on the swings at the park?
5. What does Nick do after Gunnar's speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gunnar's mother tell her children about their ancestor Euripides?
2. What is Swen Kaufman's life story, according to Gunnar's mother?
3. Why is Psycho Loco upset when he comes to Gunnar's house in Chapter Five?
4. What does Gunnar think about his school's emphasis and what does he say contradicts the school's sensitivity?
5. How did the Gun Totin' Hooligans come to be a gang?
6. What does Gunnar do when he returns to class following his health examination?
7. Why is the receptionist at the school surprised to see Gunnar and what does she tell him about his aptitude testing?
8. How does Nick help Gunnar fit into the neighborhood better and how does Gunnar get a basketball?
9. What does Psycho do to get Gunnar to dance and how does their time at dances often end?
10. Where does Gunnar go to avoid beatings, what does he do there and how does he still get beat?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)