|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs the marriage ceremony?
(a) The Baptist minister.
(b) The FedX driver.
(c) Gunnar's mother.
(d) The UPS driver.
2. Where does Gunnar's wedding take place?
(a) On the front lawn of his house.
(b) At the Baptist church.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At the high school.
3. What does Gunnar say to Psycho when he offers Gunnar some valuable loot?
(a) Psycho should return it.
(b) He is going to turn Psycho in to the police.
(c) He doesn't want it.
(d) He wants cash only.
4. What does Gunnar's father say he has to do in order for his looting to not be reported?
(a) Agree to attend El Campesino Real High School.
(b) Report to the police station everday for six months.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Attend a military prep school.
5. What does Coach Shimimoto do at basketball practice in Chapter Seven?
(a) End the practice early.
(b) Have the players form a friendship circle.
(c) Keep the team longer than usual.
(d) Cuss out Gunnar.
6. What does Gunanr's father do when he sees Gunnar at Montgomery Ward?
(a) Hits him in the head with his shotgun stock.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Arrrests him.
(d) Tells him to go home.
7. Why does Gunnar go to Ms. Kim's store?
(a) To loot the store.
(b) To get something to drink.
(c) To break a window.
(d) To see if she is okay.
8. Where do Gunnar and Yoshiko tell people she will deliver their baby?
(a) At the police station.
(b) At the Hillside hospital.
(c) In Hillside Park.
(d) In Reynier Park.
9. What does Gunnar's mother lend him following the wedding?
(a) Her bedroom.
(b) Her pass to Disneyland.
(c) Her charge card.
(d) Her car.
10. What does Nick see as the problem with the Boston fire trucks?
(a) They have the wrong kind of siren.
(b) They are not painted red.
(c) They drive too fast.
(d) They are too big.
11. What idea do Gunnar and Nick have about the riots?
(a) To loot some items themselves.
(b) To try and talk people into stopping.
(c) To find Psycho and do some real damage.
(d) To skip school the next day.
12. What does Gunnar realize his words may sound like?
(a) A whining old man.
(b) An advocate of the status quo.
(c) A promotion of suicide.
(d) Someone who doesn't know anything.
13. Who arrives at Gunnar's house while the writing class is there?
(a) Gunnar's sisters.
(b) Gunnar's mother.
(c) Psycho Loco.
14. Why was Gunnar wanted at this school?
(a) It was a favor to his father.
(b) Because of his SAT scores.
(c) To improve the basketball team.
(d) To help improve the racial mix.
15. Who arranges a marriage for Gunnar?
(a) Gunnar's mother.
(b) Psycho Loco.
(c) Gunnar's sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do colleges woo Gunnar?
2. How many classes does Gunnar attend during his time at Boston University?
3. How does Gunnar feel about a man's answer in Chapter Seven when he asks what is going on?
4. Where does a recruiter from Harvard take Gunnar?
5. Why don't Gunnar and Yoshiko have a social life in Boston?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)