|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nick see as the problem with the Boston fire trucks?
(a) They drive too fast.
(b) They are not painted red.
(c) They have the wrong kind of siren.
(d) They are too big.
2. What does Gunnar notice about a store as he walks by in Chapter Seven?
(a) It is burning.
(b) It has Black Owned written on it.
(c) He doesn't walk by a store after school.
(d) It has broken windows.
3. What is Gunnar asked his comments about?
(a) The ways the government hurts blacks.
(b) The suicide of a black student union leader.
(c) How long it will be before he publishes his poems.
(d) When his baby is due.
4. What does Gunnar think of the rhetoric of Ambrosia?
(a) He thinks it is partly correct.
(b) He thinks it is written badly.
(c) He thinks it would make a good poem.
(d) He thinks its pretentious and ridiculous.
5. What major event occurred at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) Gunnar is named most valuable player.
(b) Gunnar's father is shot on duty.
(c) Gunnar wins the state championship.
(d) The King incident officers were aquitted.
6. What does Gunnar decide is the best approach to his speech?
7. Where does Gunnar's wedding take place?
(a) At the high school.
(b) At the police station.
(c) On the front lawn of his house.
(d) At the Baptist church.
8. For what do colleges woo Gunnar?
(a) Playing basketball.
(b) Being captain of the debate team.
(c) His athletic and academic abilitites.
(d) To boost minority levels at the colleges.
9. What is the meaning of concatenate?
(a) Play fair.
(b) Take apart.
(c) A strange puzzle.
(d) Bring together.
10. Who crashes Gunnar's wedding?
(a) Sally and Mary.
(b) Kathy and Linda.
(c) Betty and Veronica.
(d) Penny and Felicia.
11. Who comes to ask Gunnar about his speech?
(a) The university administration.
(b) His creative writing professor.
12. Why does Gunnar walk into the water at the beach?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) It is hot.
(c) To go surfing.
(d) To swim for exercise.
13. What does Gunnar do when the introductory speaker is talking?
(a) Raises a political sign in the air.
(b) Openly shows his contempt.
(c) Supports him with clapping.
(d) Falls asleep.
14. Who arranges a marriage for Gunnar?
(a) Gunnar's mother.
(b) Gunnar's sisters.
(d) Psycho Loco.
15. How does Gunnar get his assignments from class?
(a) He picks them up at the library.
(b) An assistant coach collects them from the teachers.
(c) In class.
(d) He collects them at the principal's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick ask Gunnar when he brings up suicide?
2. What does Gunnar, in a sarcastic fashion, think he should get when people say he is a new black leader?
3. What does Gunnar challenge the United States government to do?
4. What does Gunnar realize his words may sound like?
5. What does Gunanr's father do when he sees Gunnar at Montgomery Ward?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)