|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who crashes Gunnar's wedding?
(a) Kathy and Linda.
(b) Sally and Mary.
(c) Betty and Veronica.
(d) Penny and Felicia.
2. What does Coach Shimimoto do at basketball practice in Chapter Seven?
(a) Cuss out Gunnar.
(b) Have the players form a friendship circle.
(c) End the practice early.
(d) Keep the team longer than usual.
3. Who performs the marriage ceremony?
(a) Gunnar's mother.
(b) The UPS driver.
(c) The FedX driver.
(d) The Baptist minister.
4. What does Gunnar think of the rhetoric of Ambrosia?
(a) He thinks it is partly correct.
(b) He thinks it would make a good poem.
(c) He thinks it is written badly.
(d) He thinks its pretentious and ridiculous.
5. What does Gunnar say he was advocating in his speech?
(a) Holding the black family together.
(b) Dissolving the lines between races.
(c) Getting high government officials to commit suicide.
(d) His own suicide.
6. Who arrives at Gunnar's house while the writing class is there?
(a) Psycho Loco.
(c) Gunnar's sisters.
(d) Gunnar's mother.
7. Why does Yosiko throw the class out of the apartment?
(a) She thinks Gunnar is getting a big head.
(b) They don't like Chinese people.
(c) She doesn't want to feed all of them.
(d) She tires of them.
8. What does Psycho Loco ask the Boston University recruiter?
(a) If Boston University has a racial quota.
(b) If Gunnar will be paid a salary.
(c) About housing for married students.
(d) Whether Psycho can also get a scholarship.
9. What does Gunnar's father say he has to do in order for his looting to not be reported?
(a) Report to the police station everday for six months.
(b) Agree to attend El Campesino Real High School.
(c) Attend a military prep school.
(d) Get a job.
10. How does the bride get to the wedding?
(a) Her mother brings her.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) By UPS truck.
(d) In a FedX van.
11. What does Gunnar's mother force him to do during his free time?
(a) Associate with other friends.
(b) Study for the SAT.
(c) Babysit his younger sister.
(d) Work at the local grocery store.
12. What does Gunnar realize his words may sound like?
(a) An advocate of the status quo.
(b) A whining old man.
(c) Someone who doesn't know anything.
(d) A promotion of suicide.
13. What does Gunnar say most people are not ready to do?
(a) Take on the government.
(b) Die for an idea.
(c) Graduate from college.
(d) Speak the truth.
14. Why don't Gunnar and Yoshiko have a social life in Boston?
(a) They are not white.
(b) They don't like Boston food.
(c) They find nothing enjoyable or familiar.
(d) They have no money.
15. What is the rally to which Gunnar is invited to speak protesting?
(a) BU granting honorary doctorate to an African politician.
(b) The food in the cafeteria.
(c) The poor creative writing department.
(d) The scarcity of black students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gunnar asked his comments about?
2. What does Nick ask Gunnar when he brings up suicide?
3. What does Gunanr's father do when he sees Gunnar at Montgomery Ward?
4. What title does Gunnar say he would give a book of poetry?
5. What happens to Gunnar when he walks to the store to buy something for Yoshiko's craving?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)