|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many classes does Gunnar attend during his time at Boston University?
(a) All of his classes.
2. What major event occurred at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) Gunnar is named most valuable player.
(b) Gunnar wins the state championship.
(c) Gunnar's father is shot on duty.
(d) The King incident officers were aquitted.
3. What do the wedding crashers say to the guests?
(a) Gunnar is gay.
(b) Gunnar can't marry until he is out of school.
(c) Gunnar belongs to them.
(d) Gunnar is too young to marry.
4. What does Yoshiko tell Gunnar about herself one morning?
(a) She is flunking school.
(b) She made the President's List.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What does Gunnar think of the rhetoric of Ambrosia?
(a) He thinks it is written badly.
(b) He thinks its pretentious and ridiculous.
(c) He thinks it would make a good poem.
(d) He thinks it is partly correct.
6. What does Gunnar's father say he has to do in order for his looting to not be reported?
(a) Agree to attend El Campesino Real High School.
(b) Attend a military prep school.
(c) Report to the police station everday for six months.
(d) Get a job.
7. What does Gunnar challenge the United States government to do?
(a) Drop a nuclear bomb on Hillside.
(b) Stop the discrimination against the blacks.
(c) Raze Hillside and rebuild it.
(d) Take over the Los Angeles police department.
8. What does Coach Shimimoto do at basketball practice in Chapter Seven?
(a) Keep the team longer than usual.
(b) Have the players form a friendship circle.
(c) Cuss out Gunnar.
(d) End the practice early.
9. For what do colleges woo Gunnar?
(a) Being captain of the debate team.
(b) To boost minority levels at the colleges.
(c) Playing basketball.
(d) His athletic and academic abilitites.
10. What does Gunnar see when he leaves basketball practice in Chapter Seven?
(a) Psycho Loco bashing in a car window.
(b) Columns of smoke.
(c) Nick's girlfriend looking for him.
(d) A wrecked motocycle.
11. Why don't Gunnar and Yoshiko have a social life in Boston?
(a) They have no money.
(b) They are not white.
(c) They don't like Boston food.
(d) They find nothing enjoyable or familiar.
12. What does Nick see as the problem with the Boston fire trucks?
(a) They have the wrong kind of siren.
(b) They drive too fast.
(c) They are not painted red.
(d) They are too big.
13. Where does Gunnar take Nick to try to help him relax?
(a) To the library.
(b) To a dance club.
(c) To the Boston slums.
(d) To the beach.
14. What does Gunnar say to Psycho when he offers Gunnar some valuable loot?
(a) Psycho should return it.
(b) He wants cash only.
(c) He is going to turn Psycho in to the police.
(d) He doesn't want it.
15. What does Gunnar, in a sarcastic fashion, think he should get when people say he is a new black leader?
(a) More money.
(b) A black leather jacket.
(c) A scepter.
(d) A crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the bride get to the wedding?
2. Where do Yoshiko and Gunnar go from the beach?
3. Where do Gunnar and Yoshiko go first after the wedding?
4. Why does Gunnar walk into the water at the beach?
5. What does Gunnar say he is ready to do?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)