|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franz do for the rest of his life?
(a) Try to find Compton.
(b) Look for a new job.
(c) Goes to the train station every evening.
(d) Polish Compton's shoes every night.
2. What kind of stories does Gunnar's mother tell him?
(a) Fables with a moral.
(b) Family history.
(c) Stories of Africa.
(d) Humorous stories.
3. With whom did Gunnar play in Santa Monica?
(a) Black friends.
(b) He had no friends.
(c) White friends.
(d) Black and white friends.
4. How does Gunnar feel about the police in his new area?
(a) He thinks they are good cops.
(b) He holds them in contempt.
(c) He thinks they may need more education.
(d) He believes they work hard.
5. Why does Gunnar think the officers' question about gangs is absurd?
(a) His mother would never allow him to join a gang.
(b) He is too young to be in a gang.
(c) He hasn't been there long enough to make friends.
(d) He is obviously an upper class black.
6. What do the gang members who find Gunnar in the store do?
(a) Tear up the store and blame it on Gunnar.
(b) Drag him out to the parking lot.
(c) Ask him to join the gang.
(d) Beat him up.
7. What kind of ritual do the Gun Totin' Hooligans have to honor dead members?
(a) Wearing black head bands for a week.
(b) A drinking ritual.
(c) Lighing a fire and burning their uniform.
(d) Spraying their name on the freeway underpass.
8. Where does Wolfgang move after he is fired?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New York.
9. What does Gunnar's mother do about his getting in trouble?
(a) Makes him give up his bike for a year.
(b) Makes him attend church.
(c) Makes him join the Cub Scouts.
(d) Makes him go to the Boy's Club.
10. What does Gunnar say The White Boy Shuffle is?
(a) His memoir.
(b) His ideas on African American culture.
(c) His stand-up comedy routines.
(d) His ideas on white American culture.
11. What emotion does Swen inspire in the people around him?
12. What do the children think will happen to them at the park?
(a) They will get beaten.
(b) They will get hurt on the basketball court.
(c) They will make friends.
(d) They will be bored.
13. How many siblings does Gunnar have?
14. What is the name of the neighborhood to which Gunnar and his family have moved?
(d) Las Casa.
15. What does Gunnar notice when he looks at the photographs in the display cases on his first day of school?
(a) How the racial demographics have changed over the years.
(b) How much the clothing has changed in fifty years.
(c) That the students in the first years of the school look older.
(d) How only the good looking students are shown.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what department does Gunnar hang at the store?
2. What is Gunnar's mother tired of seeing her children do all the time?
3. Why doesn't Compton return home one night?
4. Why is Wolfgang fired?
5. What happens after more children arrive at the swings?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)