|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class does Gunnar chose for his second semester?
(a) Race relations.
(b) Home economics.
(c) History of the Southern White.
2. What surprises the school receptionist about Gunnar's arrival at school?
(a) That he is so early.
(b) That he was wearing a suit.
(c) That he knew where the office was located.
(d) That he looks so young.
3. What happens to Gunnar when he walks to the store to buy something for Yoshiko's craving?
(a) A helicopter shines a light on him.
(b) He is stopped by a gang.
(c) He runs into his sister.
(d) He gets lost.
4. What topic do Gunnar and his friends discuss one night after leaving a club?
(b) State basketball championship.
(c) The girls at the club.
(d) Police harassment.
5. What must Gunnar do in school during Black History Month?
(b) Chart his family tree.
(c) Write a report on Africa.
(d) Bring in a list of the Jim Crow laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two girls never take no for an answer from Gunnar?
2. What does Gunnar do when he leaves his creative writing class and walks home?
3. In what subject is Nick Scoby most interested?
4. What did the Gun Totin' Hooligans carry in their early days instead of guns?
5. What does Franz do for the rest of his life?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)