|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Gunnar say he has been conscripted?
(a) As the representative of his school at national debate trials.
(b) As the epitome of a good African American.
(c) As a stand-up comedian.
(d) As the voice of all African Americans.
2. Where does Gunnar meet the recruiter from Boston University?
(a) At Gunnar's home.
(b) At the high school.
(c) At his father's police station.
(d) At a motel.
3. What does Nick do to keep attention away from him?
(a) Messes up his school work.
(b) Stops trying so hard in basketball.
(c) Punches out students who talk to him.
(d) Begins to skip games.
4. What is every member of Gunnar's high school required to attend monthly?
(a) Assemblies discussing racial prejudice.
(b) College admission's testing.
(c) Classes on drugs and sex.
(d) Classes on financial management.
5. What happens to Gunnar and his sisters daily with the other children?
(a) They are beaten every day.
(b) They and the other children are chased out of stores everyday.
(c) They play with the others every day.
(d) Gunnar and his sisters beat up the other children everyday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children think will happen to them at the park?
2. In what department does Gunnar hang at the store?
3. Where does Wolfgang get a job when he moves?
4. What does Gunnar's father say he has to do in order for his looting to not be reported?
5. What happens when two girls charge the swings where Gunnar and his sisters are?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)