|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gunnar's mother tell him to go get after they arrive at their new house?
(a) Breakfast for the family.
(b) A city bus pass.
(c) Some new clothes.
(d) A haircut.
2. What must Gunnar do in school during Black History Month?
(a) Chart his family tree.
(c) Write a report on Africa.
(d) Bring in a list of the Jim Crow laws.
3. Why is the audience shocked by Gunnar's speech?
(a) He modifies Shakespeare.
(b) He does the entire speech in Spanish.
(c) He recites from the wrong play.
(d) He does all of his Shakespearean speech in rap.
4. Where does Wolfgang move after he is fired?
(b) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
5. What kind of ritual do the Gun Totin' Hooligans have to honor dead members?
(a) Spraying their name on the freeway underpass.
(b) A drinking ritual.
(c) Lighing a fire and burning their uniform.
(d) Wearing black head bands for a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Swen want to do for a living?
2. What did the Gun Totin' Hooligans do together originally?
3. Where does Gunnar go to avoid trouble?
4. What does Gunnar tell the officers when they ask whether he is involved in any gangs?
5. For what is Franz assigned on the plantation where he lives?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)