|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Gunnar say he has been conscripted?
(a) As the epitome of a good African American.
(b) As a stand-up comedian.
(c) As the voice of all African Americans.
(d) As the representative of his school at national debate trials.
2. What does Franz do for the rest of his life?
(a) Goes to the train station every evening.
(b) Polish Compton's shoes every night.
(c) Look for a new job.
(d) Try to find Compton.
3. For what is Swen Kaufman known?
(a) Having 45 children with two wives.
(b) The only black man to move to the South from the North.
(c) Inventing the peanut grinder.
(d) Leading a calvry charge during the Civil War.
4. What does Gunnar's mother tell him to go get after they arrive at their new house?
(a) Breakfast for the family.
(b) A haircut.
(c) A city bus pass.
(d) Some new clothes.
5. What is Gunnar's mother tired of seeing her children do all the time?
(a) Fight with each other.
(b) Make fun of the neighbors.
(c) Get into trouble.
(d) Stay in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gunnar notice when he looks at the photographs in the display cases on his first day of school?
2. What does Gunnar do at Pumpkin's funeral?
3. What does Psycho Loco often ask Gunnar to do?
4. What is the neighborhood at the top of the hill from Gunnar's neighborhood?
5. Who comes to the school to give health examinations?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)