|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Euripides Kaufman's position in life?
(a) The servant in a New York mansion.
(b) He was a Baptist minister.
(c) A slave in Boston.
(d) He owned a farm in Pennsylvania.
2. What does Gunnar say The White Boy Shuffle is?
(a) His ideas on white American culture.
(b) His memoir.
(c) His ideas on African American culture.
(d) His stand-up comedy routines.
3. What does Gunnar notice when he looks at the photographs in the display cases on his first day of school?
(a) How only the good looking students are shown.
(b) That the students in the first years of the school look older.
(c) How much the clothing has changed in fifty years.
(d) How the racial demographics have changed over the years.
4. Why does Gunnar's mother decide they need to move?
(a) The neighborhood is gettting dangerous.
(b) Her children act like white kids.
(c) She can't afford the house.
(d) Gunnar is getting in too much trouble in school.
5. Why do two police officers come to Gunnar's house a couple of weeks after they move there?
(a) To bring a fire code sticker.
(b) To see that the family has settled in well.
(c) To talk to his mother about his father.
(d) To warn Gunnar about illegal activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Gunnar and his sisters daily with the other children?
2. What does Gunnar do before they move?
3. In what subject is Nick Scoby most interested?
4. What does Gunnar say the majority of the playground jokes concern?
5. What does Gunnar tell the officers when they ask whether he is involved in any gangs?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)