|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to happen whenever Gunnar tries to make friends?
(a) He gets beat up.
(b) The kids laugh at him.
(c) He is asked to join a gang.
(d) He cannot make friends with any of the white boys.
2. What do the gang members who find Gunnar in the store do?
(a) Ask him to join the gang.
(b) Drag him out to the parking lot.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Tear up the store and blame it on Gunnar.
3. For what is Gunnar known among his friends?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) Making teachers angry.
(c) Knowing how to get alcohol to drink.
(d) Being studious.
4. Who comes to the school to give health examinations?
(a) Federal Health Department staff.
(b) A volunteer doctor with nurses.
(c) City health workers.
(d) Volunteer parents who are in the health care profession.
5. What happens to Gunnar and his sisters daily with the other children?
(a) Gunnar and his sisters beat up the other children everyday.
(b) They and the other children are chased out of stores everyday.
(c) They are beaten every day.
(d) They play with the others every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gunnar notice when he looks at the photographs in the display cases on his first day of school?
2. What surprises the school receptionist about Gunnar's arrival at school?
3. How does Gunnar feel about Eileen?
4. What does Gunnar do when he returns to class from his examination?
5. For what is Eileen known in school?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)