|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seems to happen whenever Gunnar tries to make friends?
(a) He cannot make friends with any of the white boys.
(b) The kids laugh at him.
(c) He is asked to join a gang.
(d) He gets beat up.
2. Why do two police officers come to Gunnar's house a couple of weeks after they move there?
(a) To warn Gunnar about illegal activities.
(b) To bring a fire code sticker.
(c) To see that the family has settled in well.
(d) To talk to his mother about his father.
3. What kind of stories does Gunnar's mother tell him?
(a) Family history.
(b) Humorous stories.
(c) Fables with a moral.
(d) Stories of Africa.
4. With whom did Gunnar play in Santa Monica?
(a) Black friends.
(b) Black and white friends.
(c) White friends.
(d) He had no friends.
5. What does Gunnar's mother do about his getting in trouble?
(a) Makes him go to the Boy's Club.
(b) Makes him attend church.
(c) Makes him give up his bike for a year.
(d) Makes him join the Cub Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gunnar's mother decide they need to move?
2. What did Gunnar learn in Santa Monica that seems to anger kids where he now lives?
3. What does Gunnar ask his mother to get him?
4. What does Gunnar feel like in his neighborhood?
5. What gang members find him in the store?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)