|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Norman Collins that his fingerprints have been found on the weapon used to murder Dominic Barnett?
2. As Pete is driving toward a particular destination at the start of Chapter 35, he hears what object "calling to him" (185)?
(a) The cuckoo clock.
(b) The cocktail shaker.
(c) The kitchen cabinet.
(d) The cooking sherry.
3. Tom discovers in Chapter 41 that which character is actually a reporter?
4. In what position is Pete lying when Tom arrives home to find him in a pool of blood at the end of Chapter 52?
(a) In the fetal position.
(b) On his stomach.
(c) On his side.
(d) On his back.
5. What word does the kidnapper whisper as he ascends the stairs toward Jake's room in Chapter 51?
6. What does Pete do with the vodka he pours into the tumbler near the end of Chapter 35?
(a) He pours it back in the bottle.
(b) He drinks it.
(c) He offers it to Karen.
(d) He pours it down the sink.
7. Who tells Jake in Chapter 46 that he is correct to be frightened?
(a) Mister Night.
(b) The girl in the checked blue-and-white dress.
8. Pete tells Amanda in Chapter 25 that which character had been brought in for questioning 10 years before due to his odd behavior?
9. Which character notices the tension between Pete and Tom in Chapter 32?
10. Who remembers in Chapter 45 that the front door has been left unlocked?
11. Whose imaginary friend was Mister Night?
12. Whose body does Pete view when he travels to the city's pathology unit in Chapter 28?
(a) Tony Smith's.
(b) Jane Carter.
(c) Neil Spencer's.
(d) Roger Hill.
13. What happens to Norman Collins at the end of Chapter 33?
(a) He is murdered.
(b) He is assaulted.
(c) He is set free.
(d) He is arrested.
14. How old is Francis Carter, the newest murder suspect, according to Pete?
15. In Chapter 49, Pete develops a hypothesis about Frank Carter's modus operandi of manipulating what objects at the scenes of his murders?
(b) Zip ties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom discovers at the very end of Chapter 52 that which character is no longer in Tom's house?
2. Toward what location does Pete drivea at the start of Chapter 35?
3. From whose perspective are the events of Chapter 44 presented?
4. What is the name of Karen's son?
5. What is the house number of the house on Garholt Street that Norman Collins once tried to buy?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)