|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose imaginary friend was Mister Night?
2. Who provides a place for Tom and Jake to stay while their house is still considered an active crime scene?
(b) The police.
(d) Norman Collins.
3. Who runs the briefing that is held in Chapter 23 the day after Neil's body is found at the waste ground?
4. What word does the kidnapper whisper as he ascends the stairs toward Jake's room in Chapter 51?
5. Who was the official tenant of the house on Garholt Street in 1997, the year Frank Carter committed his murders?
(a) Frank Carter.
(b) Dominic Barnett.
(c) Julian Simpson.
(d) Mrs. Shearing.
6. In what type of establishment is Neil's murdererer sitting in Chapter 37?
(a) A bar.
(b) A library.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A bank.
7. Jake tells his father Tom in Chapter 24 that which boy had bullied him, saying that Jake had taken Neil's place in the class?
8. How many policemen arrive at Tom's house in Chapter 22?
9. Which element is NOT a part of the mural Amanda finds at the last known address of Francis Carter?
10. Pete tells Tom in Chapter 40 that which character had banned him from Tom's life?
11. Which piece of information does Tom NOT tell Karen during their outing in Chapter 36?
(a) The identity of his father.
(b) His late wife Rebecca's cause of death.
(c) Pete's involvement in the Tony Smith investigation.
(d) The reason for the police search of his home.
12. What feeling does seeing Jake evoke most strongly within Pete?
13. Who tells Jake in Chapter 46 that he is correct to be frightened?
(a) The girl in the checked blue-and-white dress.
(d) Mister Night.
14. Whose body does Pete view when he travels to the city's pathology unit in Chapter 28?
(a) Neil Spencer's.
(b) Jane Carter.
(c) Tony Smith's.
(d) Roger Hill.
15. Pete thinks in Chapter 35 that there can "be little doubt" that which character has "grown into a good man" (187)?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Pete is driving toward a particular destination at the start of Chapter 35, he hears what object "calling to him" (185)?
2. Which character interviews Norman Collins in Chapter 33?
3. Chapter 50 reveals that Rebecca's cause of death had been due to what?
4. In Chapter 26, Tom discovers that which character had put in the highest bid for the house Tom eventually bought?
5. In Chapter 49, Pete develops a hypothesis about Frank Carter's modus operandi of manipulating what objects at the scenes of his murders?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)