|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character is resentful of Jonathan's interference in Stephen's plans and future?
(a) Angela Crossby.
(b) Miss Puddleton.
(c) Colonel Antrim.
(d) Lady Anna.
2. After touring places throughout Paris, what is Stephen's reaction to Jonathan's intentions?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is embarrased.
(c) She is overjoyed.
(d) She is outraged.
3. What name does Mary give her newly rescued dog?
4. On which famous Paris street does Stephen decide to buy her home?
(a) Av Bosquet.
(b) Port de Conti.
(c) Rue Jacob.
(d) Rue de Seine
5. After retuning from Italy, which of the following activities do Stephen and Mary regularly share with their homosexual friends?
(a) Protesting homosexual injustices at city hall.
(b) Going to nightclubs and bars.
(c) Bringing each other's pets to the neighborhood park.
(d) Taking eisurly car drives through Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman Mary befriends in Italy?
2. During the time Stephen has spent away from Morton, what has she accomplished?
3. Why does Stephen take young women, such as Mary, "under her wing" during military operations?
4. After Martin's arrival to Paris, why do Stephen and Mary experience increasing tension in their relationship?
5. Which character is most negatively affected by Jamie and Barbara's deaths?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection do Stephen and Wanda share with each other, particularly around Christmas time?
2. How does Mary feel when she learns that Martin is in love with her?
3. How does Stephen attempt to protect Mary while the two are serving together in the ambulance brigade during the war?
4. What is Stephen's life like two years after leaving Morton?
5. What important connections does Mary make at Valerie Seymour's Christmas party the year after she moves to Paris?
6. Why does Martin threaten to leave Paris soon after he meets Stephen there?
7. How does Stephen trick Mary into leaving her, and what is Mary's reaction to this trick?
8. After leaving the hospital, where does Stephen take Mary for vacation, and what does she realize about their relationship?
9. How does Stephen's work affect her relationship with Mary?
10. How does Stephen spoil Mary when they return to Paris after the war?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)