|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephen first meet Martin Hallam?
(a) At a Christmas Eve party.
(b) At the marketplace.
(c) At a New Years Eve party.
(d) On a hunting expedtion.
2. When Lady Anna catches wind of her daughter's suspected relationship with Angela, were does she confront Stephen?
(a) In the gardenhouse.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In Stephen's bedroom.
(d) In the study.
3. What does Sir Phillip hope to say to his wife after his accident?
(a) That she leave Stephen alone.
(b) That she help and support Stephen.
(c) There was no last wishes as Sir Phillip died before he could speak.
(d) That she accept Stephen's true sexuality.
4. As Stephen grows older and expands her athletic and academic interests, how can her relationship with Lady Anna best be illustrated?
(a) Good friends, but never real love and concern.
(b) An ever-increasing distance and misunderstanding.
(c) Misunderstanding, but real love and concern nonetheless.
(d) An ever-increasing closeness and understanding.
5. What is the first name of Angela's husband?
6. During this time Stephen receives another new horse. What does she name it?
7. With her new pet, what does Stephen demand of herself?
(a) She be as strong as the horse.
(b) She ride it like a man would.
(c) She will work to become the fastest horse racer in the world.
(d) The animal will be her responsibility; not the servents.
8. What is Lady Anna's and Stephen's favorite activity together?
(a) No activity, as Lady Anna is largely unresponsive to Stephen's love.
(c) Taking walks through the garden.
(d) Horseback riding.
9. What name does Stephen give her new horse?
10. What ultimatum does Lady Anna give her daughter once Stephen admits to falling in love with Angela?
(a) There is no ultimatum. Lady Anna is excited her daughter is in love.
(b) If Stephen does not apologize for the pain she's caused Angela, she will be forced out of Morton.
(c) Stephen cannont see Angela anymore, or else.
(d) Either Stephen move out of Morton, or she will.
11. Who died in Angela's life soon after her arrival in New York, leaving her alone and without money?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her grandfather.
12. Who at the Morton residence initially discovers the furiously written letter concerning Angela and Stephen's relationship?
(a) Williams, the old groom.
(b) Lady Anna.
(c) Miss Puddleton.
13. What occupation did Angela take once in New York in hope of earning an income?
(b) Newspaper seller.
(c) Packed meat in a factory.
(d) No occupation. Angela begged or prostituted herself.
14. What did Sir Phillip have an opportunity to express, yet failed to deliver when approached by Stephen?
(a) The details concerning Stephen's inhertance listed in his will.
(b) Stephen's utter hopelessness to connect with others.
(c) Stephen's true nature and sexuality.
(d) His information on the secret location of Martin Hallam.
15. Who does Stephen sit with in the living room while waiting to hear the report on Sir Phillip's injuries?
(a) Lady Anna.
(d) Miss Puddleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Angela failed to make enough money, what other option did she pursue?
2. Who is the first person Stephen visits upon returning tto Morton from Cornwall?
3. How many children do Sir Phillip and Lady Anna ultimately have together?
4. Which character could be considered as the "third leg" in Stephen and Angela's love triangle?
5. As Stephen grows older, what activity do her and Sir Phillip share together?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)