|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic traits do Stephen's parents notice in her, even at a young age?
(a) Feminine and withdrawn.
(b) Masculine and precocious.
(c) Masculine and withdrawn.
(d) Feminine and precocious.
2. In chapter twenty-six, Stephen and Angela spend a wonderful afternoon together, but why is their day suddenly cut short?
(a) Angela trips and twists her ankle.
(b) Angela claims to have a headache.
(c) Angela leaves to care for Ralph, who is drunk and sick.
(d) Angela rushes off, claiming to be late for an appointment.
3. What is the reason Stephen went to town on the day when she first meets Angela?
(a) To sell her father's motor car.
(b) To break up a dog fight.
(c) To sell horses.
(d) To cash a check.
4. What ultimatum does Lady Anna give her daughter once Stephen admits to falling in love with Angela?
(a) If Stephen does not apologize for the pain she's caused Angela, she will be forced out of Morton.
(b) There is no ultimatum. Lady Anna is excited her daughter is in love.
(c) Either Stephen move out of Morton, or she will.
(d) Stephen cannont see Angela anymore, or else.
5. As the marital tension between Lady Anna and Sir Phillip worsens, what key piece information is left out in their arguments?
(a) Sir Phillip's frustration with Lady Anna's intolerance.
(b) Lady Anna's knowledge of Collins the housemaid's true fate.
(c) Lady Anna's desire for Stephen to marry Martin.
(d) Sir Phillip's knowledge of Stephen's sexuality.
6. How does Angela respond to Stephen's distressing actions after Violet Antrim's revelations concerning Angela's love life come to the surface?
(a) She virtually ignores Stephen.
(b) She bursts into tears and begs for forgiveness.
(c) She breaks up with Stephen.
(d) She asks Stephen to wait patiently for her to make up her mind.
7. Which of the following best describes Stephen's attitude before and during her second visit over tea with Angela?
8. Which character continually gossips about Angela's prospective love with someone other than Stephen?
(a) Miss Puddleton.
(b) Madmoiselle Duphot.
(c) Violet Antrim.
(d) Lady Anna.
9. What characteristic traits can best describe Stephen's tutor, Mademoiselle Duphot, as their relationship develops?
(a) Compassionate and supportive.
(b) Fun and unprofessional.
(c) Critical and manipulative.
(d) Stern and unemotional.
10. What ailment does Collins suffer with?
(c) Club feet.
(d) Housemaid's knee.
11. After Sir Phillip purchases his "lavish" expense, how does Stephen respond to such consumerism?
(a) Stephen becomes bitter that Sir Phillip loves things more than her.
(b) Stephen is indifferent to Sir Phillip's purchase.
(c) Stephen takes great interest in Sir Phillip's purchase as well.
(d) Stephen complains to Lady Anna that Sir Phillip will bankrupt thier family with his behavior.
12. Stephen and Martin gradually become close friends. What is the most possible explanation for this?
(a) They share similar intrests and opinions.
(b) All of the above.
(c) They both will attend the same university.
(d) They enjoy dancing together at parties.
13. What object was additionally added to the furious letter and sent to the Morton residence?
(a) A restraining order, signed by Angela.
(b) Stephen's gift to Angela, a pearl ring.
(c) A lock of Angela's hair.
(d) Stephen's emotional letter to Angela
14. Who replaces Sir Phillip as the strongest supporter of Stephen's education?
(a) Williams the head groom.
(c) Miss Puddelton.
(d) Lady Anna.
15. What is the first name of Angela's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Rumors begin to spread among the Gordon family and the surrounding community concerning Stephen's unusual behavior. What is the result on Stephen's life after such accusations?
2. What action does Lady Anna take after noticing her daughter's behavior towards the housemaid, Collins?
3. What character is secretly watching the drama unfold between Angela and Stephen, but out of fear, chooses not to offer advice and remain silent?
4. Who at the Morton residence initially discovers the furiously written letter concerning Angela and Stephen's relationship?
5. After a concerned Stephen arrives at Angela's home, whom does Stephen witness kissing Angela goodnight?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)