|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapters 51-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which holiday does Stephen celebrate her twenty-seventh birthday?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) New Years Day.
(c) New Years Eve.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. As Stephen grows older, what activity do her and Sir Phillip share together?
(a) Target shooting.
(c) Grooming horses.
(d) Racing horses.
3. What is the heartbreaking question Angela asks Stephen one day that reaffirms Stephen's fear of separation?
(a) "Is it safe that we stay together?"
(b) "Can't you see that I love my husband?"
(c) "Can you marry me?"
(d) "Why can't you be normal?"
4. How long does Stephen live away from home before being called back to Morton for the first time?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
5. After meeting for the first time and spending time briefly at Angela's home, what does Angela invite Stephen to do once they part ways?
(a) To call her anytime.
(b) To take out her trash on the way home.
(c) To care for her dog.
(d) To come back later once Angela's husband falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Stephen publishes her second work, why does Jonathan suggest Stephen travel abroad?
2. What was the result of Lady Anna's feeling of exclusion in her marriage with Sir Phillip?
3. When war breaks throughout Europe, what military position does an energetic and patriotic Stephen join?
4. Once in London, Stephen consistently avoids social activities such as parties and going out to restaurants. Which character is concerned for Stephen's mental health?
5. After being injured in battle, what French military honor is bestowed upon Stephen for her courage?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)