|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapters 51-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumors begin to spread among the Gordon family and the surrounding community concerning Stephen's unusual behavior. What is the result on Stephen's life after such accusations?
(a) A path of self-exploration.
(b) A spiral of depression and confusion.
(c) A renewed interest in connecting with others.
(d) Deep resentment toward her family and others. Avoidance at all costs.
2. After witnessing her daughter and husband in the fields together, what accusation does Lady Anna make of Sir Phillip?
(a) Buying too lavishly for Stephen.
(b) Having feelings toward Collins the housemaid.
(c) Ignoring his daughter's problems.
(d) Treating Stephen too much like a boy.
3. After Angela and Stephen reunite after a brief conflict, where do the Crossbys go on holiday?
4. As Stephen grows older and expands her athletic and academic interests, how can her relationship with Lady Anna best be illustrated?
(a) An ever-increasing closeness and understanding.
(b) An ever-increasing distance and misunderstanding.
(c) Misunderstanding, but real love and concern nonetheless.
(d) Good friends, but never real love and concern.
5. As Sir Phillip and Stephen share their discussions, Lady Anna often feels left out. What is Sir Phillip's response towards his wife's displeasure?
(a) Immediately changes their conversation subject to accommodate his wife's interests.
(b) Commands she respect their privacy.
(c) Often invites her to join.
(d) Avoids any argument with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Colonel Antrim have?
2. What is significant about the London jewelry shop where Stephen, after vacationing in Cornwall, buys a gift for Angela?
3. How does Sir Phillip's accident occur?
4. What is the last name of Stephen's assistant and fellow ambulance driver, Mary?
5. What activity is simply too painful for Stephen to continue now with the absence of her late father?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)