|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5: Chapters 51-56.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her banishment from Morton, Stephen purchases a small flat in London with whom?
(a) Jonathan Brockett.
(b) Miss Puddleton.
(c) Angela Crossby.
(d) Violet Antrim.
2. With her new pet, what does Stephen demand of herself?
(a) The animal will be her responsibility; not the servents.
(b) She ride it like a man would.
(c) She be as strong as the horse.
(d) She will work to become the fastest horse racer in the world.
3. What occupation did Angela take once in New York in hope of earning an income?
(b) Packed meat in a factory.
(c) No occupation. Angela begged or prostituted herself.
(d) Newspaper seller.
4. What action does Lady Anna take after noticing her daughter's behavior towards the housemaid, Collins?
(a) Slaps Stephen across the face.
(b) Ignores the behavior and goes about her day.
(c) Takes Stephen shopping.
(d) Lovingly embraces Stephen.
5. Sir Phillip's wish that Stephen succeeds academically can be explained by his concern of what?
(a) Stephen fails as an athlete, she must find her talent elsewhere.
(b) Stephen must be financially stable.
(c) Stephen will never find a husband to care for her.
(d) Stephen should take any opportunity he never had at her age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Stephen's initial feelings towards the housemaid, Collins?
2. Judging from Mary's behavior on and off the battlefield, what characteristic traits do Mary seem to exhibit?
3. As Stephen grows older, what activity do her and Sir Phillip share together?
4. After Sir Phillip purchases his "lavish" expense, how does Stephen respond to such consumerism?
5. How many children do Sir Phillip and Lady Anna ultimately have together?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)