|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapters 35-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter twenty-six, Stephen and Angela spend a wonderful afternoon together, but why is their day suddenly cut short?
(a) Angela leaves to care for Ralph, who is drunk and sick.
(b) Angela trips and twists her ankle.
(c) Angela claims to have a headache.
(d) Angela rushes off, claiming to be late for an appointment.
2. Who does Stephen sit with in the living room while waiting to hear the report on Sir Phillip's injuries?
(b) Miss Puddleton.
(d) Lady Anna.
3. Why does Stephen take young women, such as Mary, "under her wing" during military operations?
(a) Because she hopes to find a romantic partner in the young women.
(b) So she can protect herself by making the women drive in the most dangerous conditions.
(c) To train and protect these women.
(d) Because she is commanded to do so by her military superiors.
4. What would accurately describe Stephen's response toward Mary's confessions of love and attraction?
(a) She is concerned that Mary lacks the comprehension of her decisions.
(b) She is disgusted and terrified by Mary's confession.
(c) She laughs at Mary's confession, telling her she'll never understand true love.
(d) She jumps at the opportunity to express her mutual love for Mary.
5. Who is most encouraged by the developing relationship between Stephen and Martin?
(a) Sir Phillip.
(b) Colonel Antrim.
(c) Violet Antrim.
(d) Lady Anna.
Short Answer Questions
1. After conversing with Lady Anna about her relationship with Angela, what does Stephen discover in her father's study that questions her thoughts and identity?
2. Stephen and Martin gradually become close friends. What is the most possible explanation for this?
3. Which character continually gossips about Angela's prospective love with someone other than Stephen?
4. After Stephen receives her military decoration, what does Mary beg her not to do?
5. After witnessing Angela's late-night rendezvous and kiss, Stephen writes an extended letter, detailing her emotional pain, and sends it to Angela. What does Angela fear most about this scathing love note?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)