|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4: Chapters 35-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On vacation together, what activities do Stephen and Mary particularly enjoy doing?
(a) Sitting in the garden and hiking through the hills.
(b) Playing tennis and riding horses.
(c) Swimming and reading books.
(d) Fixing Stephen's automobile and driving it through the city.
2. What is the last name of Stephen's assistant and fellow ambulance driver, Mary?
3. Stephen and Martin gradually become close friends. What is the most possible explanation for this?
(a) They both will attend the same university.
(b) They enjoy dancing together at parties.
(c) They share similar intrests and opinions.
(d) All of the above.
4. Why does Stephen take young women, such as Mary, "under her wing" during military operations?
(a) Because she hopes to find a romantic partner in the young women.
(b) So she can protect herself by making the women drive in the most dangerous conditions.
(c) Because she is commanded to do so by her military superiors.
(d) To train and protect these women.
5. In order to protect herself from possible accusations of infidelity, how does Angela explain her relationship with Stephen?
(a) Her attempt to reform a troubled Stephen went "too far."
(b) Stephen was obsessed with her.
(c) They were true romantic partners and lovers.
(d) They were only good friends, never romantic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Phillip hope to say to his wife after his accident?
2. How does Sir Phillip's accident occur?
3. After Martin confesses his love for Stephen, how does he respond to Stephen's answer?
4. What hobby of Stephen is particularly targeted by the gossiping circles?
5. After Stephen receives her military decoration, what does Mary beg her not to do?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)