1. At the time of Stephen's birth, how long had Sir Phillip and Lady Anna been married?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. How many children do Sir Phillip and Lady Anna ultimately have together?
3. What characteristic traits do Stephen's parents notice in her, even at a young age?
(a) Masculine and withdrawn.
(b) Feminine and precocious.
(c) Masculine and precocious.
(d) Feminine and withdrawn.
4. During Lady Anna's pregnancy, how does Sir Phillip speak about his unborn child?
(a) Indifferent to the child's gender.
(b) Confident the child will be male.
(c) Nervous for the child's safety.
(d) Confident the child will be female.
5. What is Lady Anna's and Stephen's favorite activity together?
(a) No activity, as Lady Anna is largely unresponsive to Stephen's love.
(b) Horseback riding.
(d) Taking walks through the garden.
6. What best describes Stephen's initial feelings towards the housemaid, Collins?
(a) Curious and fearful.
(b) Hatred and disgust.
(c) Love and obsession.
(d) Simple friendship.
7. What ailment does Collins suffer with?
(b) Club feet.
(c) Housemaid's knee.
This section contains 6,025 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)