1. At the time of Stephen's birth, how long had Sir Phillip and Lady Anna been married?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. How many children do Sir Phillip and Lady Anna ultimately have together?
3. What characteristic traits do Stephen's parents notice in her, even at a young age?
(a) Feminine and withdrawn.
(b) Masculine and withdrawn.
(c) Feminine and precocious.
(d) Masculine and precocious.
4. During Lady Anna's pregnancy, how does Sir Phillip speak about his unborn child?
(a) Nervous for the child's safety.
(b) Indifferent to the child's gender.
(c) Confident the child will be male.
(d) Confident the child will be female.
5. What is Lady Anna's and Stephen's favorite activity together?
(a) No activity, as Lady Anna is largely unresponsive to Stephen's love.
(b) Taking walks through the garden.
(c) Horseback riding.
6. What best describes Stephen's initial feelings towards the housemaid, Collins?
(a) Curious and fearful.
(b) Love and obsession.
(c) Simple friendship.
(d) Hatred and disgust.
7. What ailment does Collins suffer with?
(a) Housemaid's knee.
(c) Club feet.
This section contains 6,025 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)