|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worries Ben?
(a) He hears a growl.
(b) He hears a gun cock.
(c) He hears a noise in the woods.
(d) He hears Petra breathing fast.
2. Why does Calli think she can rest?
(a) She is safe with her mother.
(b) She did everything she is supposed to have done.
(c) She told them to save Ben.
(d) She is safe from her father.
3. What do Louis and Martin notice about the dead dog?
(a) It was shot.
(b) It was beaten.
(c) It is cold and stiff.
(d) It is still warm.
4. What does Louis plan to do later?
(a) Go back and investigate a figure he sees in the woods.
(b) Check in on Petra.
(c) Try to restrain Martin from going back in the woods.
(d) Talk with Antonia.
5. Why isn't Calli sleeping well?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is worried about Petra.
(c) The heat and mosquitos.
(d) She is worried about Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben throw at Jason?
2. Who offers to go with Fielda?
3. Why does Antonia have to leave her house?
4. Why does Ben stay with Petra?
5. How many years ahead of Louis and Antonia were Roper and Griff in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Calli and Antonia doing when Ben arrives at the hospital?
2. What is Calli's perspective of running for help and arriving to see Louis and her mom?
3. What time does Ben think about when he was nine.
4. What hat do Ben's thoughts reveal about the situation with Jason Meechum?
5. What happens when Ben finds Griff, Calli and Petra?
6. What does Louis see in the trees and why doesn't he immediately investigate?
7. How does Antonia react when she sees Calli come out of the woods?
8. Where does Fielda decide to go and who volunteers to go with her?
9. Describe Calli's dream.
10. How does Ben realize Petra is alive, and what does Ben decide to do?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)