|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis call for?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) An ambulance.
(d) A evidence team.
2. What does Petra say?
(a) Who attacked her.
(b) She cries for her mother.
(c) She asks where Calli is.
(d) She cries for her father.
3. What does Ben tell Antonia about why Calli isn't talking?
(a) Antonia should ask Griff.
(c) Calli should be left alone.
(d) Calli does not know how to respond to Griff's questions.
4. What does Antonia decide upon seeing Calli?
(a) She is divorcing Griff.
(b) She does not care if she ever speaks again.
(c) She is not going to become hysterical.
(d) She is relieved it is Calli and not Petra coming out of the woods.
5. Why do Louis and Fitzgerald separate?
(a) They have to continue law enforcement in other areas, too.
(b) They are convinced the facts of the case are different from what the other thinks.
(c) To work on different parts of the search.
(d) They have been arguing too much.
6. Who does not approve of Louis' plans?
(a) Louis' mother.
(b) His minister.
(d) Louis' wife.
7. When does Antonia stop trying to bribe Calli to talk?
(a) When she realizes it's wasted effort.
(b) When Ben sleeps in a tree one night.
(c) When Ben asks her to stop.
(d) When Griff tells her to stop.
8. Why isn't Calli sleeping well?
(a) She is worried about Ben.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) The heat and mosquitos.
(d) She is worried about Petra.
9. What does Martin do after seeing Petra?
(a) Tries to wrest Louis gun from the holster.
(b) Crys hysterically.
(c) Falls next to her and picks her up.
(d) Goes after Ben.
10. When do Martin and his wife refuse to let Petra visit Calli?
(a) When Antonia is not home.
(b) When they know Griff has been to the liquor store.
(d) When Griff is home.
11. Why does Sam Garfield leave his former job?
(a) He was fired.
(b) He had an affair with a student.
(c) He did not like his supervisor.
(d) He was caught stealing from the school.
12. Where does Antonia say Griff is?
(a) Out of town.
(b) Somewhere in the woods.
(c) She does not know.
(d) On a fishing trip.
13. What else does Martin notice Calli holding?
(a) A dog collar.
(b) A book that was Petra's favorite.
(c) Petra's necklace.
14. Why does Ben stay with Petra?
(a) To reassure her.
(b) He is too beat up to go anywhere else.
(c) To keep her safe.
(d) He hopes Calli will come back.
15. Who shows up at Louis' office who Louis finds difficult to talk to.
(a) Mrs. McIntire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calli say when she sees the adults?
2. What does Ben explain?
3. To where is Louis called back?
4. What worries Ben?
5. How did Jason and his friends taunt Ben?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)