|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ben stay with Petra?
(a) To keep her safe.
(b) He is too beat up to go anywhere else.
(c) To reassure her.
(d) He hopes Calli will come back.
2. Who calls Louis as he is getting ready to start the search?
(d) His wife.
3. About whose whereabouts does Louis wonder?
(a) The custodian at the girls' school.
(b) Lucky Thompson.
(c) His brother-in-law.
(d) The librarian at the girls' school.
4. What does Calli think of as she finds a meadow?
5. Who is brought in to the station?
(b) Charles Wilson.
6. What else does Martin notice Calli holding?
(a) A dog collar.
(b) A book that was Petra's favorite.
(c) Petra's necklace.
7. What does Louis plan to do later?
(a) Go back and investigate a figure he sees in the woods.
(b) Check in on Petra.
(c) Try to restrain Martin from going back in the woods.
(d) Talk with Antonia.
8. What does Ben explain?
(a) That Calli is in the woods somewhere.
(b) That he is innocent.
(c) That Petra is alive.
(d) That his father did this.
9. Who does Calli think about as she walks?
(a) Mr. Wilson.
10. What do Louis and Martin notice about the dead dog?
(a) It is still warm.
(b) It was beaten.
(c) It is cold and stiff.
(d) It was shot.
11. Where do Antonia and Calli go?
(a) To the morgue.
(b) To their home.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To Calli's pediatrician's office.
12. What does Martin plan to do later?
(a) Talk to Antonia.
(b) Kill the person who hurt Petra.
(c) Beat up whoever hurt Petra.
(d) Apologize to Ben.
13. How many years after Louis and Antonia broke up did Louis marry Christine?
14. What does Petra say?
(a) She cries for her mother.
(b) Who attacked her.
(c) She cries for her father.
(d) She asks where Calli is.
15. Where had the person brought in been found?
(a) In the library.
(b) Near Petra's house.
(c) Willow Creek Woods.
(d) Wandering around the empty school yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calli see as she is running through the woods for help?
2. What is Louis thinking of doing?
3. Where does Louis decide to search?
4. What does Martin notice as he drives by the Clarks' house?
5. Why does Antonia think Calli is smart?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)