|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis tell Fitzgerald about concerning Griff?
(a) His violence.
(b) His devotion as a father.
(c) His negligence as a father.
(d) His prior arrests.
2. What did Calli's kindergarten teacher think of Calli at first?
(a) She was not very smart.
(b) She was easily distracted.
(c) She was stubborn.
(d) She was shy.
3. What do the testers find wrong with Calli?
(a) She should be using her left hand instead of her right hand.
(b) She has cross-dominance.
(c) Nothing aside from her muteness.
(d) She is autistic.
4. What does Antonia begin to doubt?
(a) Calli wants to come home.
(b) Calli is with Petra.
(c) Calli went somewhere voluntarily.
(d) About the relationship between Calli and Griff.
5. Why does Calli consider climbing out the window?
(a) To see if the moon is visible.
(b) To feel the cool air on her face.
(c) To run away from home.
(d) To go to the bathroom outside.
6. What does Louis recognize he needs to do?
(a) Call the FBI.
(b) Call in help.
(c) Interrogate Martin.
(d) Interrogate Griff.
7. What grade is Calli about to enter?
8. What does Petra hear?
(a) A noise outside.
(b) Two cats fighting.
(c) A baby crying.
(d) A dog howling.
9. How does Ben feel he has let down Calli?
(a) By not keeping her safe.
(b) By being quiet to others about the way Griff abused Calli.
(c) By not doing something about their father.
(d) By waiting until after his paper route to go search for her.
10. Why doesn't Calli want to do what she needs to do badly?
(a) There is no hot water.
(b) Her father will see her.
(c) Her mama is crying.
(d) It is dark and she's scared.
11. What shows the whimsical side of Calli and Antonia?
(a) The picture of the two of them dressed as tree nymphs.
(b) The pieces of bark in Calli's box.
(c) The way Calli and her mother danced in the woods.
(d) The cotton in Calli's box.
12. With whom does Calli dance?
(a) A fawn.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A possum.
13. Who does Calli hear downstairs?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) The maid.
14. Where does Calli's father take her?
(a) To the woods.
(b) To the basement.
(c) Back to her room.
(d) To the storage shed in the back yard.
15. What does Fielda do as Martin is involved in finding Petra?
(a) Waits at home.
(b) Creates flyers.
(c) Organizes a search party.
(d) Calls other family members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Louis get jealous?
2. What do Antonia and Louis see running out of the woods?
3. What does Calli do when her father is drinking?
4. How do Antonia and Martin differ?
5. Where does Petra go?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)