|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis recognize he needs to do?
(a) Interrogate Griff.
(b) Call in help.
(c) Call the FBI.
(d) Interrogate Martin.
2. What can Ben not seem to get?
(a) Good grades.
(b) His teacher's attention.
(c) His father's approval.
(d) Recognition from his classmates.
3. Why do the police have to conduct detailed interviews?
(a) So they don't waste time hunting in the wrong direction.
(b) To establish a suspect.
(c) To look as though they are making progress.
(d) To establish a motive.
4. From what does Louis separate himself?
(a) His personal feelings in the case.
(b) The press.
(c) The FBI's investigation.
(d) The girls' parents.
5. Where does Calli's father take her?
(a) To the storage shed in the back yard.
(b) To the basement.
(c) To the woods.
(d) Back to her room.
6. What does Calli see when she looks around her room?
(a) Her school materials.
(b) There is nothing in her room.
(c) Her doll.
(d) Her cat.
7. Why does Martin get out of bed?
(a) To get a glass of water.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) To check on Petra.
(d) To turn off the hall light.
8. What grade is Calli about to enter?
9. How does Mrs. White treat Calli?
10. Why can't Petra sleep?
(a) Too hot.
(b) Too cold.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She feels ill.
11. Why does Calli consider climbing out the window?
(a) To feel the cool air on her face.
(b) To see if the moon is visible.
(c) To run away from home.
(d) To go to the bathroom outside.
12. Why doesn't Calli want to do what she needs to do badly?
(a) It is dark and she's scared.
(b) Her mama is crying.
(c) There is no hot water.
(d) Her father will see her.
13. Where does Calli think about going to the bathroom when she is in her room at home?
(a) In the sink.
(b) In her bed.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the trash bin.
14. What does Antonia believe she destroys?
(a) Her credibility.
(b) Everything of which she is a part.
(c) Her faith in God.
(d) Her faith in men.
15. What do the testers decide to teach Calli?
(a) How to crawl correctly.
(b) American Sign Language.
(c) How to protect herself emotionally.
(d) How to use her left hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Calli do as her father is taking her there?
2. What do the testers find wrong with Calli?
3. When does Calli tend to avoid her father?
4. What does Martin think others may believe?
5. How does Calli feel about school?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)