|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Calli decide to do?
(a) Go back to sleep.
(b) Climb out the window.
(c) Sneak to the bathroom.
(d) Call for her mother.
2. What does Calli do as her father is taking her there?
(a) She has an accident.
(b) She kicks him.
(c) She screams.
(d) She is totally limp.
3. When does Calli tend to avoid her father?
(a) When he's smoking some strange, smelly stuff.
(b) When he's been drinking.
(c) When he is watching his sports shows.
(d) When he is talking on the phone.
4. What is Calli trying to figure out?
(a) Where her mother is.
(b) How to get away from her father.
(c) If the deputy sheriff saw them.
(d) Why her father does not seem drunk.
5. What does Mrs. White document?
(a) How often Calli cries.
(b) The times Calli speaks.
(c) Calli's accidents.
(d) The times Calli is quiet.
6. What does Antonia have in common with Martin concerning this situation?
(a) Neither of them wanted children.
(b) Both of them believe the girls are not coming back.
(c) They love their spouses.
(d) That others are judging them negatively about the missing children.
7. What did Calli's kindergarten teacher think of Calli at first?
(a) She was easily distracted.
(b) She was shy.
(c) She was not very smart.
(d) She was stubborn.
8. What does Louis tell Fitzgerald about concerning Griff?
(a) His devotion as a father.
(b) His prior arrests.
(c) His negligence as a father.
(d) His violence.
9. Who does Louis dislike?
(b) The lead detective.
10. What does Antonia believe she destroys?
(a) Her faith in men.
(b) Everything of which she is a part.
(c) Her faith in God.
(d) Her credibility.
11. What shows the whimsical side of Calli and Antonia?
(a) The pieces of bark in Calli's box.
(b) The picture of the two of them dressed as tree nymphs.
(c) The cotton in Calli's box.
(d) The way Calli and her mother danced in the woods.
12. With whom does Calli dance?
(a) A possum.
(b) A rabbit.
(d) A fawn.
13. How does Antonia find herself in an unhappy marriage?
(a) As a way of rebelling from her strict childhood.
(b) To show her sister that she coud catch a man.
(c) As a way of proving that she was desirable.
(d) Because of feeling abandoned by Louis.
14. How does Ben see himself?
(a) As the one in the family who always does the right thing.
(b) As the family protector when Griff is away.
(c) As the opposite of Calli.
(d) As the family clown.
15. From what does Louis separate himself?
(a) His personal feelings in the case.
(b) The press.
(c) The girls' parents.
(d) The FBI's investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonia do despite her not appreciating the police techniques?
2. About what does Antonia feel she failed?
3. How does Ben feel he has let down Calli?
4. Why do the police have to conduct detailed interviews?
5. Of whom does the image of the little girl remind Louis?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)