|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Antonia seem with her answers when questioned by Fitzgerald?
(a) Not very bright.
2. Why does Martin get out of bed?
(a) To turn off the hall light.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) To check on Petra.
(d) To get a glass of water.
3. Where does Antonia think Griff has gone?
(a) To the bar.
(b) To work.
(c) To the grocery store.
4. What begins to irritate Fielda and Martin?
(a) The way Martin seemed so efficient and unaffected.
(b) The way Antonia seems unworried.
(c) The lack of any real action in finding Petra.
(d) All the talk.
5. How does Antonia find herself in an unhappy marriage?
(a) To show her sister that she coud catch a man.
(b) Because of feeling abandoned by Louis.
(c) As a way of rebelling from her strict childhood.
(d) As a way of proving that she was desirable.
6. What does Antonia have in common with Martin concerning this situation?
(a) Both of them believe the girls are not coming back.
(b) Neither of them wanted children.
(c) They love their spouses.
(d) That others are judging them negatively about the missing children.
7. What does Louis recognize he needs to do?
(a) Call the FBI.
(b) Interrogate Martin.
(c) Interrogate Griff.
(d) Call in help.
8. How long has it been since the girl has spoken?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 months.
9. What does Calli know as far as wood lore?
(a) How to avoid the strange man.
(b) How to avoid her father.
(c) What the different animal tracks are.
(d) What to eat and what to avoid.
10. What demonstrates Calli's love of the woods?
(a) Her box of treasures.
(b) Her ability to find her way in the dark in the woods.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her desire to be a girl scout.
11. What lures Calli out of her hiding place?
(b) A kitten.
(c) A fawn.
(d) A girl's scream.
12. Who goes to the deputy sheriff?
(a) No one.
(c) The girl running out of the woods.
13. Why did Griff sometimes beat on Ben?
(a) To make Calli talk.
(b) To show who is superior.
(c) To make Calli scared.
(d) To prove that he could.
14. Of whom does the image of the little girl remind Louis?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His own daughter.
(c) Someone he fell in love with when he was a child.
(d) His niece.
15. When does Mrs. White contact Calli's mother?
(a) When Calli starts crying in front of the entire class.
(b) After nine accidents.
(c) After one accident.
(d) When Calli refuses to go back to class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Calli want to do what she needs to do badly?
2. Who is Mrs. White?
3. Why does Calli consider climbing out the window?
4. What does Petra hear?
5. What changed her kindergarten teacher's opinion?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)