|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis says that, when faced with the question of poetry in theology, he naturally turns to the believer he knows best. To whom does he refer?
(a) His pastor.
(d) His wife.
2. In "On Forgiveness", Lewis says that in our own cases of sin we do what?
(a) Ignore the need for an excuse.
(b) Accept excuses too easily.
(c) Don't accept excuses easily enough.
(d) Let God supply the excuse.
3. According to Lewis's description of a middle-aged moralist, such a person should warn juniors against all but which of the following?
(b) The world.
(c) The devil.
4. In discussing the inner ring, to which psychologist does Lewis refer?
5. In "The Inner Ring", Lewis says that the quest for the ring will break what?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which poet does Lewis refer in "The Inner Ring"?
2. In "Membership", Lewis says that _________ has replaced friendship.
3. Lewis states in "Membership" that _____________ is a quantitative term and that therefore love knows nothing of it.
4. According to Lewis's discussion of religion in private life, this phenomenon can be seen even where?
5. "Membership" states that unity is the road to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, according to Lewis's discussion of forgiveness, is it so important for us to forgive those who sin against us?
2. In his discussion of the value of the human soul, Lewis has what to say about why God died for man?
3. What disadvantages does Lewis say in "Is Theology Poetry?" does Christianity have when faced with other doctrines?
4. Why, according to "Membership", is Christianity institutional in the earliest documents?
5. What, according to Lewis's descriptions of the inner ring, does one discover when getting close to the ring?
6. What does Lewis say in his discussion of forgiveness is the hardest part about forgiving others?
7. In the opening of "The Inner Ring", what does Lewis believe of the desire to be inside the inner ring?
8. In his discussion of the inner ring, Lewis says that men tell their wives and themselves that it's a hardship to stay late at work or school. Why, according to Lewis, is this not quite true?
9. What, according to Lewis in "Is Theology Poetry?", do his examiners really intend to ask?
10. When discussing religion versus science, Lewis quotes Professor D.M.S. Watson. What is Watson's view on evolution as opposed to creationism?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)