|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Is Theology Poetry?" Lewis says that Europe took a major interest in classical mythology during which periods?
(a) 12th to 17th centuries.
(b) 10th to 15th centuries.
(c) 4th to 9th centuries.
(d) 19th to 21st centuries.
2. "Membership" states that unity is the road to what?
3. When discussing religion in private life, Lewis says that we live today in a society starved for all but which of the following?
4. In discussing the inner ring, to which psychologist does Lewis refer?
5. Lewis states in "Membership" that _____________ is a quantitative term and that therefore love knows nothing of it.
6. Lewis says, when discussing the inner ring phenomenon, that we hope for tangible profit from every ring such as all but which of the following?
7. In "The Inner Ring", Lewis says what about the existence of inner rings?
(a) It is unavoidable.
(b) It is evil.
(c) It is avoidable.
(d) It is good.
8. "Membership" states that obedience is the road to what?
9. When discussing the concept of unity, Lewis gives the example of all but which of the following characters from "The Wind in the Willows"?
10. When discussing the meaning of poetry, Lewis says he feels sure the examiners were not asking if theologians are masters of all but which of the following styles?
11. According to "On Forgiveness", what part of forgiveness are we responsible for taking to God?
12. Why, according to "Membership", has even the authority of man over beast been interfered with?
(a) It is not used anyway.
(b) God did not intend it.
(c) The church no longer accepts it.
(d) It is constantly abused.
13. While discussing mythology and religion, Lewis says that he likes all but which of the following mythologies better than Christianity?
14. Lewis states when discussing theology that only a minority of world religions have a theology. What ancient culture does he use as an example?
15. To which poet does Lewis refer in "The Inner Ring"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In his discussion of sin, what does Lewis say constitutes real forgiveness?
2. When talking about forgiving each other, Lewis says that we must make every effort to eliminate all but which of the following desires from our hearts?
3. Lewis says in "The Inner Ring" that he will leave which of the following topics strictly alone?
4. According to Lewis's description of a middle-aged moralist, such a person should warn juniors against all but which of the following?
5. Which author does Lewis quote in "Membership" as saying that to be happy at home is the end of all human endeavor?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)