|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Slip of the Tongue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Slip of the Tongue", what name does Lewis say our ancestors called religious emotion?
2. What is the first Pacifist position ruled out by Lewis in "Why I am Not a Pacifist"?
(a) Killing of human beings is always wrong.
(b) Wars do more harm than good.
(c) War is evil.
(d) It is too expensive to fight wars.
3. Lewis believes, as stated in his discussion of transpositions, that the doctrine provides a background needed for which of the following virtues?
4. According to Lewis in "Learning in War-time", if you don't read good books what will happen?
(a) You will not understand current events.
(b) It will make no difference.
(c) You will read bad ones.
(d) You will be uneducated.
5. At the close of "A Slip of the Tongue" Lewis says that we will never drive the invader out on this side of death but that what?
(a) We must constantly fight against the invader.
(b) We must be in the Resistance.
(c) We must run from the invader.
(d) We must be in the Vichy government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis says, when discussing transposition, that which of the following relationships is one of transposition?
2. According to Lewis's description of a middle-aged moralist, such a person should warn juniors against all but which of the following?
3. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist" Lewis says that nothing should be treated as intuition unless what?
4. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says nineteen out of twenty men today would respond that what is the highest of the virtues?
5. What is the third Pacifist position ruled out by Lewis in "Why I am Not a Pacifist"?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)