|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Forgiveness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the concept of unity, Lewis gives the example of all but which of the following characters from "The Wind in the Willows"?
2. When discussing the meaning of poetry, Lewis says he feels sure the examiners were not asking if theologians are masters of all but which of the following styles?
3. In discussing war's effect on humanity, Lewis says that human life has always been lived where?
(a) On the edge of a precipice.
(b) Within an unsustainable model.
(c) Out in the open.
(d) Behind closed doors.
4. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist" Lewis says that nothing should be treated as intuition unless what?
(a) The Bible specifically states it.
(b) It can be proven as scientific fact.
(c) The majority agree that it applies.
(d) No good man has ever dreamed of doubting.
5. "Membership" states that obedience is the road to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the discussion of how to respond to military service, Lewis states that the decision is generally made by what?
2. In the opening of "Transposition", Lewis says that which person seems to have been embarrassed by the phenomenon of speaking in tongues?
3. "Is Theology Poetry?" states that while some divine illumination is given to all men, which group has received special illumination?
4. According to Lewis's discussion of forgiveness, what is the the same about us forgiving others and God forgiving us?
5. Lewis says in "The Inner Ring" that he will leave which of the following topics strictly alone?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)