|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Forgiveness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which analogy does Lewis use when discussing the seeming pointlessness of continuing education during a war?
(a) Talking to a brick wall.
(b) A race against time.
(c) Not having enough sense to come in out of the rain.
(d) Fiddling while Rome burns.
2. Lewis states in "The Weight of Glory" that no one can enter heaven except as a child, and that ____________is obvious in any good child.
(a) Fear of the unknown.
(b) Curiosity about God.
(c) Pleasure in being praised.
(d) Desire to behave well.
3. In "Is Theology Poetry?" what era of tragedy does Lewis describe as one where the protagonist's life is represented by a slowly rising and then quickly falling curve?
4. Lewis states in "Membership" that _____________ is a quantitative term and that therefore love knows nothing of it.
5. When talking about forgiving each other, Lewis says that we must make every effort to eliminate all but which of the following desires from our hearts?
(a) Pay back the offender.
(b) Humiliate the offender.
(c) Ignore the offender.
(d) Hurt the offender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous work by Keats does Lewis say in "Is Theology Poetry?" is even better than ancient mythology?
2. When discussing mental exercises to defend the scholar against war, what does Lewis give as the third enemy?
3. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist", Lewis says he believes the art of life consists in tackling _______________ as well as we can.
4. In his discussion of forgiveness, Lewis says that to be a Christian means to forgive what?
5. To which famous philosopher does Lewis refer at the end of "The Inner Ring"?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)