|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Inner Ring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis states in "The Weight of Glory" that a Christian in relation to heaven is in the same position as which example?
2. What happens at the end of Lewis's analogy when the boy in the dungeon learns that there are no pencil marks in the outside world?
(a) The mother has to rethink her strategy.
(b) He becomes angry with his mother for lying.
(c) He is released from prison.
(d) His notion of the world becomes blank.
3. In "Learning in War-time", Lewis states that before he became a Christian he did not fully realize that life would consist of doing what?
(a) A large amount of charity.
(b) The same things as before.
(c) Hours worth of prayer.
(d) Nothing the same as before.
4. Lewis states, when discussing intense aesthetic rapture, that if he tries to catch the feeling it produces, what happens?
(a) He grasps only a physical sensation.
(b) He often loses track of the aesthetic experience.
(c) He gets frustrated.
(d) Nothing ever happens.
5. When discussing the possible future of his audience, Lewis says that for nine out of ten of them the choice will come which could lead to what?
(a) Inner Ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Lewis say he feels when discussing the desire for heaven?
2. Lewis says, when discussing the inner ring phenomenon, that we hope for tangible profit from every ring such as all but which of the following?
3. In his description of the inner ring, what does Lewis say happens when we get close to the ring?
4. Which analogy does Lewis use when discussing the seeming pointlessness of continuing education during a war?
5. When exploring analogies for the Christian life, Lewis finds that his chosen analogy breaks down where?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)