|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Inner Ring.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Inner Ring", Lewis says what about the existence of inner rings?
(a) It is avoidable.
(b) It is unavoidable.
(c) It is evil.
(d) It is good.
2. When discussing the perception that some activities are more worthy of God's attention than others, Lewis says Arnold first used the word "spiritual" to replace what German word?
3. While talking about his war experience, Lewis refers to which of the following famous writers?
4. In the description of the promises of scripture about heaven, Lewis says which of the following?
(a) Only the first should matter.
(b) None of them is well defined.
(c) None of them makes any sense.
(d) Only the third is important.
5. Lewis comments, when discussing the appropriateness of scholarship during war, that our tendency to focus on things other than war is our nature rather than what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of fanatic does Lewis describe in "Why I am Not a Pacifist" who has an unanswerable intuition that strong drink is wrong?
2. In his discussion of the inner ring, Lewis says that a person may tell themselves it is a hardship to do what?
3. According to Lewis in "Learning in War-time", why must good philosophy exist?
4. When exploring analogies for the Christian life, Lewis finds that his chosen analogy breaks down where?
5. In "The Inner Ring", Lewis says that the quest for the ring will break what?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)