|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Lewis say he feels when discussing the desire for heaven?
2. In the opening of "Transposition", Lewis says that which person seems to have been embarrassed by the phenomenon of speaking in tongues?
3. In his discussion of right and wrong, Lewis says that any concrete train of reasoning involves all but which of the following elements?
(a) Reception of facts.
(b) Arranging facts.
(c) Self-evident truth.
(d) Making decisions.
4. In the description of the promises of scripture about heaven, Lewis says which of the following?
(a) None of them makes any sense.
(b) Only the third is important.
(c) None of them is well defined.
(d) Only the first should matter.
5. To which poet does Lewis refer when discussing the secret inside people in "The Weight of Glory"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says he feels as though he is trying to rip a secret from his audience that they commonly refer to as all but which of the following?
2. In the discussion of how to respond to military service, Lewis states that the decision is generally made by what?
3. In "Transposition", Lewis says that if anyone watches the relationship between emotions and sensations he will discover all but which of the following?
4. What sort of fanatic does Lewis describe in "Why I am Not a Pacifist" who has an unanswerable intuition that strong drink is wrong?
5. Lewis says in "The Weight of Glory" that heaven is, by definition, what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)