|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lewis in "Learning in War-time", why must good philosophy exist?
(a) It provides a reason to be religious.
(b) Bad philosophy must be answered.
(c) It does not need to exist.
(d) Humans need reason to understand things.
2. Lewis says, when discussing transposition, that which of the following relationships is one of transposition?
(a) Heart and soul.
(b) Mind and body.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Individual and society.
3. What, according to "Transposition", is the relationship between the spiritual and the natural?
(a) Spiritual relies on natural.
(b) Natural is richer than spiritual.
(c) Natural relies on spiritual.
(d) Spiritual is richer than natural.
4. Which analogy does Lewis use when discussing the seeming pointlessness of continuing education during a war?
(a) Talking to a brick wall.
(b) Not having enough sense to come in out of the rain.
(c) Fiddling while Rome burns.
(d) A race against time.
5. In discussing war's effect on humanity, Lewis says that human life has always been lived where?
(a) Behind closed doors.
(b) Within an unsustainable model.
(c) Out in the open.
(d) On the edge of a precipice.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lewis in "Learning in War-time", the true perspective on the calamity of war is what?
2. When discussing the promises of scripture, Lewis states that they can be roughly reduced to how many topics?
3. According to Lewis in his discussion of Pacifism, what sort of society tolerates Pacifists?
4. When discussing the idea of glory, Lewis says that it is perhaps crude but also accurate to describe glory as what?
5. According to "Learning in War-time", why does war fail to absorb our whole attention?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)