|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lewis's response when faced with those who claim the Christian life is a mercenary one?
(a) They are right.
(b) There are different kinds of rewards.
(c) They are unintelligent.
(d) They are unbelievers and shouldn't be listened to.
2. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist" Lewis says that nothing should be treated as intuition unless what?
(a) It can be proven as scientific fact.
(b) The Bible specifically states it.
(c) No good man has ever dreamed of doubting.
(d) The majority agree that it applies.
3. When exploring analogies for the Christian life, Lewis finds that his chosen analogy breaks down where?
(a) It simply isn't a good comparison.
(b) The reward is so much greater.
(c) Any other good along the path is fallacious.
(d) It is embracing a false object.
4. While discussing the cynic's questions about religion, Lewis says that religious language and imagery contains nothing that has not been borrowed from what?
5. In his discussion of transposition, Lewis says that the word ____________ is not always sufficient to describe the relation between higher and lower mediums.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his discussion of right and wrong, Lewis says that any concrete train of reasoning involves all but which of the following elements?
2. According to Lewis in his discussion of Pacifism, what sort of society tolerates Pacifists?
3. How does Lewis respond, when discussing war, to the fact that many individuals killed during a war are innocent?
4. When discussing the promises of scripture, Lewis states that they can be roughly reduced to how many topics?
5. As "Why I am Not a Pacifist" closes, Lewis says that we have learned that though the world is slow to forgive, it is what?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)