|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When exploring analogies for the Christian life, Lewis finds that his chosen analogy breaks down where?
(a) It simply isn't a good comparison.
(b) Any other good along the path is fallacious.
(c) It is embracing a false object.
(d) The reward is so much greater.
2. What emotion does Lewis say he feels when discussing the desire for heaven?
3. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis likens figuring out the Christian lifestyle to learning which language?
4. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis states that he is shocked to find all but which of the following Christians taking heavenly glory quite literally?
5. Lewis states, while discussing what scripture promises of heaven, that any idea of Christ we can form now will be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the discussion of how to respond to military service, Lewis states that the decision is generally made by what?
2. Lewis says toward the end of "Transposition" that our natural experiences are like a drawing. He is referring to all but which of the following experiences?
3. While talking about duty during wartime, Lewis says that the rescue of drowning men is a duty worth dying for but not worth what?
4. In "Transposition", Lewis says that we often feel as though the vision of God will destroy our nature and that this feeling underlies our use of all but which of these words?
5. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says it would be very odd if what people refer to as "falling in love" were to happen where?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)