|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While talking about duty during wartime, Lewis says that the rescue of drowning men is a duty worth dying for but not worth what?
(a) Living for.
(b) Losing money for.
(d) Risking war over.
2. In "Learning in War-time", Lewis quotes which author as saying "to offer to the author of truth the unclean sacrifice of a lie"?
3. "Learning in War-time" says that all our activities will be accepted as long as what occurs?
(a) Prayers are said.
(b) They are offered to God.
(c) The intention is good.
(d) They are allowed by the church.
4. Lewis says in "The Weight of Glory" that heaven is, by definition, what?
(a) A mythical place.
(b) The opposite of hell.
(c) Outside our experience.
(d) What we hope to attain.
5. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says he feels as though he is trying to rip a secret from his audience that they commonly refer to as all but which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the analogies Lewis uses to explain the Christian journey in "The Weight of Glory"?
2. Which of the following does Lewis quote in "Transposition" in his attempt to refute religious critics?
3. What is the second Pacifist position ruled out by Lewis in "Why I am Not a Pacifist"?
4. In "Transposition", Lewis says that we are claiming to know that our desire for heaven was not merely a desire for all but which of the following?
5. When discussing the perception that some activities are more worthy of God's attention than others, Lewis says Arnold first used the word "spiritual" to replace what German word?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)