|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Transposition.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Transposition", Lewis says that we often feel as though the vision of God will destroy our nature and that this feeling underlies our use of all but which of these words?
2. Lewis states in "Learning in War-time" that St. Paul tells people to do what?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Follow all the rules.
(c) Live as best they can.
(d) Get on with their jobs.
3. In "Transposition", Lewis says that if anyone watches the relationship between emotions and sensations he will discover all but which of the following?
(a) Senses use one sensation to express multiple emotions.
(b) Nerves have fewer resources than emotion.
(c) Emotion is separate and unconnected.
(d) Nerves do respond to emotions.
4. In the opening of "Transposition", Lewis says that which person seems to have been embarrassed by the phenomenon of speaking in tongues?
5. In "Learning in War-time", Lewis says that the tendency of Christians to avoid mentioning heaven or hell is what?
(a) Spiritual prudery.
(b) Great wisdom.
(c) Wishful thinking.
(d) Foolish nonsense.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Learning in War-time", why does war fail to absorb our whole attention?
2. According to Lewis in "Learning in War-time", the true perspective on the calamity of war is what?
3. In his discussion of right and wrong, Lewis says that any concrete train of reasoning involves all but which of the following elements?
4. Lewis gives the example of Pepys in his discussion of transposition, saying that Pepys experienced the same sensation from all but which of the following?
5. What sort of fanatic does Lewis describe in "Why I am Not a Pacifist" who has an unanswerable intuition that strong drink is wrong?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)