|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Learning in War-time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis states that he is shocked to find all but which of the following Christians taking heavenly glory quite literally?
2. Which analogy does Lewis use when discussing the seeming pointlessness of continuing education during a war?
(a) Talking to a brick wall.
(b) Not having enough sense to come in out of the rain.
(c) A race against time.
(d) Fiddling while Rome burns.
3. While talking about his war experience, Lewis refers to which of the following famous writers?
4. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says he feels as though he is trying to rip a secret from his audience that they commonly refer to as all but which of the following?
5. What emotion does Lewis say he feels when discussing the desire for heaven?
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing mental exercises to defend the scholar against war, what does Lewis give as the third enemy?
2. While talking about duty in wartime, Lewis says that God's claim on us is which of the following?
3. To which poet does Lewis refer when discussing the secret inside people in "The Weight of Glory"?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the analogies Lewis uses to explain the Christian journey in "The Weight of Glory"?
5. When discussing heaven, Lewis states that he does not believe his desire for Paradise proves what?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)