|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Learning in War-time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lewis in "Learning in War-time", why must good philosophy exist?
(a) Humans need reason to understand things.
(b) Bad philosophy must be answered.
(c) It does not need to exist.
(d) It provides a reason to be religious.
2. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says nineteen out of twenty men today would respond that what is the highest of the virtues?
3. According to "Learning in War-time", why does war fail to absorb our whole attention?
(a) It is finite.
(b) People don't care.
(c) It is too large to comprehend.
(d) It occurs elsewhere.
4. If asked about the greatest virtue, as discussed in "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says the great Christians of old would have responded with which answer?
5. Lewis says in "The Weight of Glory" that heaven is, by definition, what?
(a) Outside our experience.
(b) What we hope to attain.
(c) A mythical place.
(d) The opposite of hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Lewis say he feels when discussing the desire for heaven?
2. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says he thinks the idea that desiring good for ourselves and enjoying it is bad comes from which philosopher's thoughts?
3. Lewis states that we are creatures who are every moment advancing toward either heaven or hell, and that we still spend time on all but which of the following trivialities?
4. Which of the following analogies does Lewis NOT use when talking about childlike humility?
5. Lewis states that we are half-hearted creatures because, when offered infinite joy, we fool around with all but which of the following instead?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)