|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Learning in War-time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing heaven, Lewis states that he does not believe his desire for Paradise proves what?
(a) That it exists.
(b) That he will enjoy it.
(c) That God exists.
(d) That others cannot achieve it.
2. Toward the end of "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says that our merriment must be of people who take each other seriously, which means with none of all but which?
3. In the description of the promises of scripture about heaven, Lewis says which of the following?
(a) None of them is well defined.
(b) Only the first should matter.
(c) None of them makes any sense.
(d) Only the third is important.
4. According to Lewis in "Learning in War-time", if you don't read good books what will happen?
(a) You will be uneducated.
(b) You will read bad ones.
(c) You will not understand current events.
(d) It will make no difference.
5. While talking about his war experience, Lewis refers to which of the following famous works?
(a) The Iliad.
(b) The Art of War.
(c) Henry V.
(d) The Sebastopol Sketches.
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing mental exercises to defend the scholar against war, what does Lewis give as the second enemy?
2. Lewis states, while discussing what scripture promises of heaven, that any idea of Christ we can form now will be what?
3. While talking about duty during wartime, Lewis says that the rescue of drowning men is a duty worth dying for but not worth what?
4. When discussing mental exercises to defend the scholar against war, what does Lewis give as the first enemy?
5. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis states that he is shocked to find all but which of the following Christians taking heavenly glory quite literally?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)