|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Forgiveness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of "Learning in War-time", Lewis says that a university is a __________ for the pursuit of learning.
2. To which poet does Lewis refer when discussing the secret inside people in "The Weight of Glory"?
3. Why, in "Transposition", does Lewis say he wishes to discuss the phenomenon of speaking in tongues?
(a) His audience requested it.
(b) It is a stumbling block for him.
(c) He has important insight to share.
(d) It is essential to understanding Pentecost.
4. When discussing mental exercises to defend the scholar against war, what does Lewis give as the second enemy?
5. When discussing mental exercises to defend the scholar against war, what does Lewis give as the third enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Learning in War-time", Lewis says that the tendency of Christians to avoid mentioning heaven or hell is what?
2. Lewis says, when discussing the inner ring phenomenon, that we hope for tangible profit from every ring such as all but which of the following?
3. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist", what does Lewis say is the second of three possible ways to interpret the command to turn the other cheek?
4. In his discussion of duty during war, Lewis says anyone who completely gives himself to a cause is giving to _______ that which belongs to God.
5. Lewis states, when discussing intense aesthetic rapture, that if he tries to catch the feeling it produces, what happens?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)