|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why I am Not a Pacifist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist" Lewis says that were he to be a Pacifist, he would go against the writings of all but which of the following?
2. Which analogy does Lewis use when discussing the seeming pointlessness of continuing education during a war?
(a) Not having enough sense to come in out of the rain.
(b) Talking to a brick wall.
(c) A race against time.
(d) Fiddling while Rome burns.
3. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist" Lewis says that nothing should be treated as intuition unless what?
(a) It can be proven as scientific fact.
(b) The majority agree that it applies.
(c) No good man has ever dreamed of doubting.
(d) The Bible specifically states it.
4. What emotion does Lewis say he feels when discussing the desire for heaven?
5. In "The Weight of Glory", Lewis says he thinks the idea that desiring good for ourselves and enjoying it is bad comes from which philosopher's thoughts?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist", what does Lewis say is the first of three possible ways to interpret the command to turn the other cheek?
2. When discussing the perception that some activities are more worthy of God's attention than others, Lewis says Arnold first used the word "spiritual" to replace what German word?
3. While talking about duty during wartime, Lewis says that the rescue of drowning men is a duty worth dying for but not worth what?
4. Lewis states that we are half-hearted creatures because, when offered infinite joy, we fool around with all but which of the following instead?
5. In the discussion of how to respond to military service, Lewis states that the decision is generally made by what?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)