|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Is Theology Poetry?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist" Lewis says that were he to be a Pacifist, he would go against the writings of all but which of the following?
2. When discussing the meaning of poetry, Lewis says he feels sure the examiners were not asking if theologians are masters of all but which of the following styles?
3. In "Learning in War-time", Lewis quotes which author as saying "to offer to the author of truth the unclean sacrifice of a lie"?
4. While talking about duty during wartime, Lewis says that the rescue of drowning men is a duty worth dying for but not worth what?
(a) Living for.
(b) Risking war over.
(d) Losing money for.
5. Lewis says in "The Weight of Glory" that heaven is, by definition, what?
(a) The opposite of hell.
(b) What we hope to attain.
(c) Outside our experience.
(d) A mythical place.
Short Answer Questions
1. While discussing mythology and religion, Lewis says that he likes all but which of the following mythologies better than Christianity?
2. In "Learning in War-time", Lewis states that before he became a Christian he did not fully realize that life would consist of doing what?
3. In the opening of "Learning in War-time", Lewis says that a university is a __________ for the pursuit of learning.
4. Which of the following does Lewis quote in "Transposition" in his attempt to refute religious critics?
5. According to "Is Theology Poetry?" why are fairies popular in England?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)