|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Membership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second Pacifist position ruled out by Lewis in "Why I am Not a Pacifist"?
(a) Wars do more harm than good.
(b) Killing of human beings is always wrong.
(c) War is evil.
(d) It is too expensive to fight wars.
2. According to Lewis's discussion of membership, what did St. Paul mean by the word "members" in the original Greek context?
3. According to Lewis's discussion of religion in private life, this phenomenon can be seen even where?
(a) In the workplace.
(b) At university.
(c) In church.
(d) In society.
4. In "Is Theology Poetry?" what era of tragedy does Lewis describe as one where the protagonist's life is represented by a slowly rising and then quickly falling curve?
5. What is the first Pacifist position ruled out by Lewis in "Why I am Not a Pacifist"?
(a) It is too expensive to fight wars.
(b) Wars do more harm than good.
(c) War is evil.
(d) Killing of human beings is always wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Why I am Not a Pacifist", what does Lewis say is the third of three possible ways to interpret the command to turn the other cheek?
2. What, according to "Why I am Not a Pacifist", is the most useful analogy when figuring out right and wrong?
3. In his discussion of fairies, Lewis says that belief in them would spoil the reading of what famous Shakespearean work for him?
4. "Membership" states that unity is the road to what?
5. Lewis states in "Membership" that _____________ is a quantitative term and that therefore love knows nothing of it.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)