• The following version of this book was used to create this study guide: Schmidt, Gary D., The Wednesday Wars, Clarion Books; EBook Reprint edition, 2009.
• In September, Holling Hoodhood is beginning seventh grade.
• He believes that his teacher, Mrs. Baker hates him.
• He is not sure why, because he has not done anything.
• If his teacher hated Doug Swieteck, that would make sense.
• Doug is a boy who created 410 ways to get a teacher to hate you and got suspended last year for trying number six on his list.
• Holling lives exactly in the middle of town.
• To the north of his house everyone is Jewish.
• To the south of his house everyone is Catholic.
• Holling’s family is Presbyterian.
• On Wednesday afternoons, the Jews and the Catholics are excused for religious instruction.
• Since Holling is the only Presbyterian, he will be left alone with Mrs. Baker.
This section contains 6,151 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)