|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Power Practices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harner end his first shamanic journey exercise for the reader?
(a) Four sharp strikes.
(b) Sound of a bell.
(c) Wolf howl.
(d) Prolonged string vibration.
2. A shaman might enter a shamanic state of consciousness to bring back messages for whom?
(a) Doctors treating a patient.
(b) Non-traditional doctors in ordinary reality.
(c) A patient's loved ones.
(d) A patient in ordinary reality.
3. What element is often reported in many successful guardian spirit journeys?
4. How many guardian animals does a person have in a lifetime?
(a) Two or three.
(b) Only one.
(d) A different one each year.
5. What does Harner say that middle-class Americans report experiencing on their shamanic attempts?
(b) Temperature changes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Natural Magick" in 1562?
2. Why does a shaman enter a shamanic state of consciousness?
3. Through numerous examples, the author shows the commonality of experiences by shamans regardless of what?
4. Harner asserts that shamanism transcends any particular what?
5. It is typical for one or more spirits to help guide the shaman through what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)