|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Power Practices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Jivaro see in someone who possesses a guardian?
(a) Sparks of pink light from the fingertips.
(b) A colorful aura around the head.
(c) An inverted rainbow in the chest.
(d) A golden circle surrounding the person.
2. A shaman might enter a shamanic state of consciousness to bring back messages for whom?
(a) Doctors treating a patient.
(b) A patient's loved ones.
(c) A patient in ordinary reality.
(d) Non-traditional doctors in ordinary reality.
3. Harner's reports of the rituals, symbols, and visions of the different tribes he observes are what?
4. In Harner's power restoration exercise for apprentice shamans, he instructs the participant to use the drumbeat as what?
(a) The simulated heartbeat.
(b) The lifeline to reality.
(c) The spirit guide.
(d) The spiritual canoe.
5. In order for a shaman to restore power to someone from a distance, what does the author say is required?
(a) Expert skills and advanced confidence.
(b) Great concentration and expert sight.
(c) Advanced intuition and much courage.
(d) Great expectations and focused desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the Coastal Salish, animals that become human are called what?
2. According to the author, restoring power requires restoring or acquiring what?
3. During the Lakota practice of rock-seeing, a shaman considers a problem while walking through what?
4. What is the role of amnesia in a shaman's rituals?
5. What happens to a power object when it no longer moves a person emotionally?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)