|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Power Practices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harner say that middle-class Americans report experiencing on their shamanic attempts?
(c) Temperature changes.
2. A shaman can be open to attacks when what is not present?
(a) Human companion.
(b) Animal totem.
(c) Guardian spirit.
3. A shaman will blow a spirit animal into a patient through:
(a) The nose or the mouth.
(b) The solar plexus.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The chest or the back of the head.
4. In his guided, step-by-step instructions for a first journey, Harner instructs the aspiring shaman to eat:
(c) Only seeds and fruit.
5. What are the tsentak?
(a) Guides who intervene in emergencies.
(b) Spirits who bridge the seen and the unseen.
(c) Helpers who cause or cure illness.
(d) Mischievous tree sprites.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does a guardian spirit have the freedom to leave or stay at will?
2. How does the author describe his world during a shamanic state of consciousness?
3. Frequently, a patient has bonded with his or her power animal in:
4. In a drug-induced vision, Harner sees demons as:
5. How do shamans use their guardian spirits?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)