|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Power Practices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guardian animals does a person have in a lifetime?
(a) Two or three.
(b) A different one each year.
(c) Only one.
2. Harner explains that some shamanic students report using caves as:
(c) Hiding places.
(d) Sensory deprivation stations.
3. In what form will an apprentice shaman see an animal upon entering Lowerworld during the power restoration exercise?
(a) Either living or made of stone, wood, or another substance.
(b) A nearly transparent form.
(c) Always as a totem or charm.
(d) In a hunting stance.
4. What element is often reported in many successful guardian spirit journeys?
5. Some creation myths show with the passage of time, only shamans could:
(a) Gain acceptance by the animal kingdom.
(b) Transform into animals.
(c) Read animals' minds.
(d) Communicate with animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must a shaman not send power directly to the patient?
2. Does a guardian spirit have the freedom to leave or stay at will?
3. How do the Conibo access the Lowerworld?
4. What does Harner point out about the Lakota Sioux and the Coast Salish tribes?
5. How might a shaman be distinguished from other medicine men?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)