|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Shamanism and States of Consciousness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a purpose for entering a shamanic state of consciousness?
(b) Healing illnesses.
(d) Retrieving power animals.
2. After a journey that lasts several days in the jungle with his companions, Harner is taken where?
(a) To the source of the Amazon to meet the highest shaman.
(b) To a ledge overlooking an enchanted valley.
(c) Beneath a waterfall for a mystical experience.
(d) On another journey to experience higher levels of reality.
3. In the cultures Harner studies, shamans are primarily:
4. What is the role of amnesia in a shaman's rituals?
(a) It's always used on patients who've experienced trauma.
(b) It's rarely involved.
(c) It's an essential tool.
(d) It's shunned and never used.
5. How old is shamanism estimated to be?
(a) Approximately 12,000 years old.
(b) No one can even guess.
(c) At least 20,000 to 30,000 years old.
(d) Less than 3,000 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that the humility in shamanism lies in what?
2. Harner asks aspiring shamans to refrain from:
3. Which of the following does NOT help a shaman enter a shamanic state of consciousness?
4. Apprentice shamans sometimes report to Harner that they:
5. It is typical for one or more spirits to help guide the shaman through what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)