|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Shamanic Journey: Introduction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT help a shaman enter a shamanic state of consciousness?
2. Harner asks aspiring shamans to refrain from:
(a) Using anything electronic.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Eating sweets.
(d) Exercising strenuously.
3. Harner explains that some shamanic students report using caves as:
(b) Sensory deprivation stations.
(c) Hiding places.
4. What does the Jivaro shaman give to Harner to drink?
(a) Water from a mystical underground spring.
(b) Fermented coconut milk.
(c) The juice of the cacao plant.
(d) A substance made from the datura plant.
5. What does the author tell an aspiring shaman to do upon returning from his or her first journey?
(a) Immediately stand and walk around.
(b) Describe the journey aloud.
(c) Drink a glass of water.
(d) Go to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. A shaman might enter a shamanic state of consciousness to bring back messages for whom?
2. How is a shamanic state of consciousness, or SSC, achieved?
3. Which of the following is NOT a purpose for entering a shamanic state of consciousness?
4. How do the Conibo access the Lowerworld?
5. With the help of spirit helpers and two tsentak inside his mouth, the shaman can help the patient by:
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)