|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Power Practices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his or her first guided journey, the shaman student is asked by Harner to visualize what?
(a) A starry sky and the patterns the stars form.
(b) An opening in the earth that feels acceptable.
(c) A quiet, tranquil scene that includes the element of water.
(d) A favorite animal or element of nature.
2. How does the 1562 book, "Natural Magick," make reference to shamans?
(a) It condemns shamans as charlatans and evildoers.
(b) It warns the church to stay clear of shamans or burn in hell.
(c) It encapsulates knowledge of the shaman-animal metamorphosis.
(d) It lists every reference to shamanic rituals and practices known at the time.
3. In the cultures Harner studies, shamans are primarily:
4. How does a shaman typically travel into the Lowerworld?
(a) By teleporting.
(b) Wearing a special cloak.
(c) On the wings of a dragon.
(d) Through a hole or tunnel.
5. Harner explains that some shamanic students report using caves as:
(a) Hiding places.
(c) Sensory deprivation stations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Natural Magick" in 1562?
2. When a power animal becomes human through a magical transformation, the animal becomes what for the shaman?
3. Myths and stories that have been passed down typically refer to:
4. How do power animals reveal themselves and their special powers?
5. What do various cultures report noticing the shaman give off when in a shamanic state of consciousness?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)