|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 5, Neville struggles to accomplish what simple act?
(b) Climbing stairs.
(c) Getting dressed.
(d) Getting out of bed.
2. Where has the sun moved to at the beginning of Section 6?
(a) It is past the mid-point in the sky.
(b) It is setting.
(c) It is not out at all because it is night.
(d) It is just rising.
3. At one point in Section 6, Jinny says she is being "flung up, and flung down, like . . ." what?
(a) The waves.
(b) A ship in the sea.
(c) A ball being played with.
(d) A ragdoll.
4. Whose Section 6 monologue features a musing on the passing of seasons?
5. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
(a) He has struck up an affair with Jinny.
(b) Rhoda has left him.
(c) He and Rhoda are married.
(d) He is a homosexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is most deeply affected by the significant news in Section 5?
2. Who do Bernard and Rhoda assert Percival was in love with?
3. By the end of Section 6, what can we say for sure about Neville's feelings towards Percival?
4. Who is the first speaker in Section 7?
5. What one word is repeated throughout Susan's monologue in Section 6?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)