|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 8, when does Bernard arrive in relation to the other characters?
2. For how long does Bernard stay where he travels in Section 7?
(a) One month.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) One week.
3. What does Neville conclude at the end of his Section 6 monologue?
(a) That he will commit suicide.
(b) That Percival's death has paralyzed him.
(c) That Percival had no effect on him.
(d) That, despite his love for Percival, he could find another man to love.
4. To what kind of historical figures does Louis compare himself in Section 6?
(a) Romantic poets.
(b) Members of parliament.
(c) Roman consuls.
(d) Classical philosophers.
5. In Section 7, which two people does Susan name as those she "thinks sometimes of"?
(a) Jinny and Rhoda.
(b) Percival and Rhoda.
(c) Bernard and Louis.
(d) Neville and Percival.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what event in Bernard's life does the major news in Section 5 coincide?
2. What one word is repeated throughout Susan's monologue in Section 6?
3. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
4. In Section 7, where is Louis's new house?
5. Where has the sun moved to at the beginning of Section 6?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)