|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about her life is Jinny bemoaning when she begins her monologue in Section 7?
(a) That she cannot bear children.
(b) That she cannot find a husband.
(c) That she has grown fat.
(d) That she has aged.
2. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
3. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
(a) That she, "divests herself of her authority."
(b) That she is "not one of those who find their satisfaction in one person, or in infinity."
(c) She has "reached the summit of her desires."
(d) That she is, "no longer young. No longer part of the procession."
4. Where do we find the sun at the beginning of Section 7?
(a) "Low in the sky."
(b) "Lowest in the sky."
(c) "Lower in the sky."
(d) "High in the sky."
5. Who does Bernard decide against comforting in Section 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which speaker follows Susan in Section 7?
2. Who has the first monologue of this Section 6?
3. In Section 7, which two people does Susan name as those she "thinks sometimes of"?
4. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
5. What is Susan doing when she begins her Section 7 monologue?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)