|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
2. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) The music.
(b) The people constantly passing her.
(c) A picture on the wall.
(d) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
3. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
4. Who is this Section 4's opening speaker?
5. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
(c) Miss Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is all that Neville possesses?
2. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
3. To where does Percival travel from England?
4. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
5. Who witnessed the kiss in the garden through a chink in the hedge in Section 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly analyze how the characters have developed as a group in the first two sections of the novel.
2. Briefly analyze Neville's attitude towards religion.
3. Overall, what should the reader take away as most significant from Section 1?
4. Bernard is clearly becoming the most central of the six characters. Describe his characteristics as he appears in Section 3.
5. What is significant about displaying the children in school in the novel's first section?
6. Describe the boys' experiences in chapel while at school in Section 2.
7. Characterize Bernard's attitude towards Louis as described in Section 3.
8. How does the group act differently when Percival arrives in Section 4?
9. Describe how Section 2 is structured.
10. Why is Susan so distressed after she saw Jinny kiss Louis?
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)