|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
(a) As didactic.
(b) As a conductor.
(c) As spiritual.
(d) As a mediator.
2. Who is the first speaker in Section 7?
3. Who is holding Louis's hand in Section 8?
4. Which speaker follows Susan in Section 7?
5. In Section 5, Neville struggles to accomplish what simple act?
(b) Getting dressed.
(c) Getting out of bed.
(d) Climbing stairs.
6. In Section 5, who does Rhoda refer to as "a snob"?
7. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
8. In Section 7, where is Louis's new house?
9. In Section 8, what happens between Rhoda and Louis?
(a) They do not speak to each other.
(b) They agree to get married.
(c) They talk and rectify their past differences.
(d) They fight in private.
10. Generally, what word best describes the mood of Bernard at the end of section 8, as compared to the beginning?
(a) He has become more depressed.
(b) His mood has improved.
(c) He remains anxious and unsure.
(d) He has fallen into confusion.
11. Where do we find the sun at the beginning of Section 7?
(a) "Low in the sky."
(b) "Lowest in the sky."
(c) "Lower in the sky."
(d) "High in the sky."
12. In Section 8, what prevents the characters from relaxing around each other?
(a) The lack of drinks.
(b) The time they have spent apart.
(c) The lack of food.
(d) The absence of Percival.
13. Who do Bernard and Rhoda assert Percival was in love with?
14. What is most notable about Jinny's Section 6 monologue?
(a) She does not mention the children she has.
(b) She does not mention any of the other characters.
(c) She speaks solely about herself and Percival.
(d) She speaks in iambic pentameter.
15. Who "gape[s] like a young bird, unsatisfied, for something that has escaped me" in Section 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
2. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
3. Where are the characters gathering in Section 8?
4. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
5. Where has the sun moved to at the beginning of Section 6?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)