Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two emotions seem to dominate Rhoda's Section 7 monologue?
(a) Indifference and depression.
(b) Aggressiveness and anger.
(c) Contentment and joy.
(d) Anger and resentment.
2. In Section 8, who contends that the characters have "destroyed something by our presence"?
3. What one word is repeated throughout Susan's monologue in Section 6?
4. According to Section 7, what does Jinny resign herself to being in regards to the rest of her life?
5. Which of the characters appears most able to move on from the significant news in Section 5?
6. Who refers to "the hieroglyphs written on other people's faces" in Section 6?
7. By the end of Section 6, what can we say for sure about Neville's feelings towards Percival?
(a) That he felt Percival unduely held a position of high-regard.
(b) That he hated Percival.
(c) That Percival confused him.
(d) That he was in love with Percival.
8. Where has the sun moved to at the beginning of Section 6?
(a) It is just rising.
(b) It is past the mid-point in the sky.
(c) It is setting.
(d) It is not out at all because it is night.
9. What is the dominant feature of the monologues during the middle of Section 8?
(a) Bernard speaks alone.
(b) Only Susan and Neville speak.
(c) Only Rhoda and Percival speak.
(d) There is constant interplay.
10. Who is Section 6's last speaker?
11. Who "gape[s] like a young bird, unsatisfied, for something that has escaped me" in Section 8?
12. Who notices the hand-holding between two characters in Section 8?
13. Who does Bernard decide against comforting in Section 5?
14. What is most notable about Jinny's Section 6 monologue?
(a) She does not mention the children she has.
(b) She speaks in iambic pentameter.
(c) She does not mention any of the other characters.
(d) She speaks solely about herself and Percival.
15. Which of the characters begins Section 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 8, who oddly compares herself to a dog?
2. Where are the characters gathering in Section 8?
3. What does Bernard seem to be struggling to do during his final monologue of Section 8?
4. In Section 6, who does Susan deride towards the end of her monologue?
5. What is the best way to characterize the tone of Bernard's first Section 8 monologue?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)