Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
2. To where does Percival travel from England?
(a) To Africa.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To India.
(d) To America.
3. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
(d) Miss Lambert.
4. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
5. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
6. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
(a) Dr. Crane.
7. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
(a) It is the last day of summer.
(b) It is the last day of the boys' first term at school.
(c) It is the boys' last day at school.
(d) It is the boys' first day of their second year at school.
8. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
(a) Mrs. Constable.
9. How would you characterize Neville's attitude as he waits for the others to arrive in Section 4?
10. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(c) Dr. Crane.
11. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
12. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
13. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
14. With what is Neville most unhappy as he appears in Section 4?
(a) That Susan does not love him as he loves her.
(b) That his food is cold.
(c) That Percival has not yet arrived.
(d) That Bernard is rude to him.
15. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
(d) Late afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
2. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
3. Who asserts, "One moment does not lead to another" in Section 4?
4. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
5. Who is this Section 4's opening speaker?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)