|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) As ambiguous in significance.
(b) An occasion for tears.
(c) One final ceremony.
(d) An occasion for laughter.
2. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
(a) Susan and Rhoda.
(b) Jinny and Susan.
(c) Louis and Rhoda.
(d) Neville and Jinny.
3. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
4. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
5. Who is the first character to speak?
6. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
7. What is the name of the cook at school?
(a) Miss Lambert.
(c) Miss Curry.
(d) Miss Hudson.
8. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
(d) Dr. Crane.
9. Which character closes Section 2?
10. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
11. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) An elephant.
(b) Fruity smells.
(c) A globe.
(d) A spider's web.
12. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
(a) As a woman.
(b) As a lover.
(c) As a fighter.
(d) As a girl.
13. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
14. Who begins Section 3?
15. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
2. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
3. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
4. Why have the characters gathered in Section 4?
5. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)