|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
2. Who "only understands cries of love, hate, rage and pain"?
3. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
4. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
(a) The eyes.
(b) The posture.
(c) The hands.
(d) The face.
5. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
6. In Section 4, how would you characterize the characters' attitude towards each other?
(b) Generally negative.
(d) Mostly favorable.
7. What is Bernard doing at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Meeting Susan.
(b) Talking to Percival.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Writing a letter.
8. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
9. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) The nature of identity.
(b) Whether there is an afterlife.
(c) Classical poets.
(d) The form of waves.
10. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
(d) English Grammar.
11. Who asserts, "One moment does not lead to another" in Section 4?
12. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
(c) Miss Lambert.
13. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
(d) Dr. Crane.
14. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
15. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
2. What is the name of the cook at school?
3. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
4. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
5. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)