|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Percival travel from England?
(a) To America.
(b) To Africa.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To India.
2. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
(b) Miss Lambert.
3. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
4. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
5. Who hears "something stamping"?
6. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
(b) Walking in the early morning.
(c) Going to sleep.
(d) Walking through London.
7. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
8. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
(a) King James I.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) Queen Alexandra.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
9. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
(a) The face.
(b) The hands.
(c) The eyes.
(d) The posture.
10. Who "only understands cries of love, hate, rage and pain"?
11. Who is the first character to speak?
12. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(b) Dr. Crane.
13. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
14. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
15. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
(a) Miss Lambert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
2. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
3. Who says, "Now let us issue from the darkness of solitude" at one point in Section 4?
4. Who begins Section 3?
5. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)