|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what event in Bernard's life does the major news in Section 5 coincide?
(a) The birth of his first child.
(b) Jinny's engagement.
(c) The death of his father.
(d) His wedding.
2. What, generally, does the speaker detail in Section 9?
(a) The relationships with women he has had.
(b) His life, from childhood to old age.
(c) Primarily his schooling.
(d) Percival's death.
3. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
4. What one word is repeated throughout Susan's monologue in Section 6?
5. Which speaker follows Susan in Section 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak?
2. In Section 8, who contends that the characters have "destroyed something by our presence"?
3. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
4. What significant fact do we learn about Susan's life in Section 6?
5. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)