|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Section 6's last speaker?
2. Who says, "Now let us issue from the darkness of solitude" at one point in Section 4?
3. Who takes the children for a "brisk walk"?
(a) Mrs. Constable.
(c) Miss Hudson.
(d) Mis Curry.
4. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
(a) Rhoda has left him.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He has struck up an affair with Jinny.
(d) He and Rhoda are married.
5. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
(a) King James I.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Queen Alexandra.
(d) Queen Victoria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two dominant images of Section 8's introduction?
2. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
3. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
4. Where do we find the sun at the beginning of Section 7?
5. What time of day does the passage at the beginning of Section 5 describe?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)