|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
(b) Miss Hudson.
(d) Her Aunt.
2. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) An occasion for tears.
(b) One final ceremony.
(c) As ambiguous in significance.
(d) An occasion for laughter.
3. What is Susan doing when she begins her Section 7 monologue?
(a) Speaking with Bernard.
(b) Walking with her son in the garden.
(c) Alone in her room at Elvedon.
(d) Playing with her daughters.
4. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
5. What is the name of the boys' headmaster?
(a) Dr. Bloom.
(b) Dr. Ramsay.
(d) Dr. Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard seem to conclude about the necessary requirements for a happy life by the end of the novel?
2. How did the character who witnesses the kiss in Section 1 react to it?
3. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
4. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
5. What is the dominant feature of the monologues during the middle of Section 8?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)