|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard put down at the end of Section 9?
(a) His cuff links.
(b) His dinner.
(c) His phrasebook.
(d) His wedding ring.
2. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
3. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
4. Which character closes Section 2?
5. Where has the sun moved to at the beginning of Section 6?
(a) It is setting.
(b) It is just rising.
(c) It is not out at all because it is night.
(d) It is past the mid-point in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard seem to be struggling to do during his final monologue of Section 8?
2. In Section 4, how would you characterize the characters' attitude towards each other?
3. In Section 9's introduction, what returns to its home?
4. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
5. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)