|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
2. What do we learn from the end of Louis's major monologue in Section 6?
(a) That he is having an affair with Rhoda.
(b) That he is having an affair with Jinny.
(c) That he has moved in with Susan.
(d) That he and Neville have begun an affair.
3. What significant fact do we learn about Susan's life in Section 6?
(a) That she had an affair with Percival.
(b) That she is dying.
(c) That she is in love with Louis.
(d) That she has a baby.
4. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
(a) The clouds covering the sun.
(b) The sun at midday.
(c) The moon rising in the sky.
(d) A day yet to begin.
5. What is the name of the cook at school?
(a) Miss Lambert.
(c) Miss Curry.
(d) Miss Hudson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
2. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
3. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
4. Where does Bernard travel towards the end of his major monologue in Section 5?
5. Who instigated the kiss in the garden?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)