|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
(a) A day yet to begin.
(b) The clouds covering the sun.
(c) The moon rising in the sky.
(d) The sun at midday.
2. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
(a) Miss Lambert.
3. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
(a) Its most merciful.
(b) Its most uncompromising.
(c) Nearly its brightest.
(d) Its dullest.
4. To what kind of historical figures does Louis compare himself in Section 6?
(a) Members of parliament.
(b) Roman consuls.
(c) Classical philosophers.
(d) Romantic poets.
5. In Section 8, when does Bernard arrive in relation to the other characters?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 4, how would you characterize the characters' attitude towards each other?
2. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
3. Which speaker follows Susan in Section 7?
4. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
5. Who "gape[s] like a young bird, unsatisfied, for something that has escaped me" in Section 8?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)