|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
2. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
3. What is the best way to characterize the tone of Bernard's first Section 8 monologue?
(b) Uneasy or anxious.
4. Who begins Section 3?
5. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
(a) "Barely audible."
(b) "Like the chiming of bells."
(c) "A disruptive cacophony."
(d) "A blank melody outside."
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
2. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
3. What, generally, does the speaker detail in Section 9?
4. With what is Neville most unhappy as he appears in Section 4?
5. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)