|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
(a) She has "reached the summit of her desires."
(b) That she, "divests herself of her authority."
(c) That she is "not one of those who find their satisfaction in one person, or in infinity."
(d) That she is, "no longer young. No longer part of the procession."
2. Where do we learn Bernard travels to in Section 7?
3. In Section 6, Who remarks, "Percival has died . . . Life passes."?
4. What do we learn from the end of Louis's major monologue in Section 6?
(a) That he is having an affair with Rhoda.
(b) That he has moved in with Susan.
(c) That he is having an affair with Jinny.
(d) That he and Neville have begun an affair.
5. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What separates Neville's monologue from the others in Section 6?
2. Who has the first monologue of this Section 6?
3. According to Bernard, how have his friends' lives ended, with one exception?
4. What are the characters doing as their monologues progress in Section 8?
5. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)