|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
(a) Waking from a dream.
(b) The loss of a family member.
(c) The end of his life.
(d) The kiss between Jinny and Louis.
2. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time far from home.
(b) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
(c) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
(d) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
3. What is significant about Bernard's story-telling in Section 9?
(a) He has successfully found a number of perfect phrases.
(b) He is no longer fascinated with finding a perfect phrase.
(c) His old age prevents him from remembering things accurately.
(d) He has no audience.
4. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
(a) She is scared and nervous.
(b) She is nauseous and delirious.
(c) She is bored and disinterested.
(d) She is excited and confident.
5. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Not yet 21.
(b) Just turned 25.
(c) Almost 15.
(d) Just turned 19.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Now let us issue from the darkness of solitude" at one point in Section 4?
2. Who provides an elaborate description of bathing at the end of the day?
3. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
4. Who begins Section 3?
5. Who asserts, "One moment does not lead to another" in Section 4?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)