|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the characters doing as their monologues progress in Section 8?
(a) They are still in the restaurant, eating.
(b) Riding to Elvedon together.
(c) Walking together through the streets.
(d) Going to Percival's grave.
2. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
(a) English Grammar.
3. In Section 8, who oddly compares herself to a dog?
4. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
5. What is Susan doing when she begins her Section 7 monologue?
(a) Alone in her room at Elvedon.
(b) Walking with her son in the garden.
(c) Playing with her daughters.
(d) Speaking with Bernard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should the reader infer that Rhoda is thinking about at the end of her Section 7 monologue?
2. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
3. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
4. Which speaker follows Susan in Section 7?
5. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)