|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Bernard begins his last monologue of Section 8?
(a) Very early in the morning.
(c) Very late at night.
(d) Nearly bed-time.
2. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
3. Where has the sun moved to at the beginning of Section 6?
(a) It is past the mid-point in the sky.
(b) It is not out at all because it is night.
(c) It is setting.
(d) It is just rising.
4. What is the dominant feature of the monologues during the middle of Section 8?
(a) Only Susan and Neville speak.
(b) Bernard speaks alone.
(c) There is constant interplay.
(d) Only Rhoda and Percival speak.
5. What is significant about Bernard's story-telling in Section 9?
(a) His old age prevents him from remembering things accurately.
(b) He has successfully found a number of perfect phrases.
(c) He has no audience.
(d) He is no longer fascinated with finding a perfect phrase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard seem to be struggling to do during his final monologue of Section 8?
2. By the end of Section 6, what can we say for sure about Neville's feelings towards Percival?
3. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
4. What time of day does the passage at the beginning of Section 5 describe?
5. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)