|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cook at school?
(a) Miss Hudson.
(b) Miss Curry.
(d) Miss Lambert.
2. What are the two dominant images of Section 8's introduction?
(a) The sun sinking as the waves become the dominant image.
(b) Both the waves and the sun are sinking in power.
(c) The waves receding as the sun burns brighter.
(d) The nighttime sky and the calm waters.
3. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
4. Who says, "Now let us issue from the darkness of solitude" at one point in Section 4?
5. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What about her life is Jinny bemoaning when she begins her monologue in Section 7?
2. How would you characterize Neville's attitude as he waits for the others to arrive in Section 4?
3. What "ceremony" does Bernard dislike so much?
4. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
5. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)