|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 8, who contends that the characters have "destroyed something by our presence"?
2. Where are the characters gathering in Section 8?
(a) A cafe in London.
(b) Neville's home in Liverpool.
(c) A restaurant in Hampton Court.
(d) Louis' home in Surrey.
3. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
(b) Miss Lambert.
4. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
(a) A day yet to begin.
(b) The moon rising in the sky.
(c) The clouds covering the sun.
(d) The sun at midday.
5. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do we learn from the end of Louis's major monologue in Section 6?
2. In Section 8, who says, "I have been torn apart"?
3. What does Bernard seem to be struggling to do during his final monologue of Section 8?
4. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
5. Who refers to "the hieroglyphs written on other people's faces" in Section 6?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)