|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Section 7, what does Jinny resign herself to being in regards to the rest of her life?
2. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
3. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
(b) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(c) The sun setting.
(d) A silent forest.
4. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) The estate at Elvedon.
(b) A sermon in church.
(c) Jinny kissing Louis.
(d) The waves crashing on the beach.
5. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who witnessed the kiss in the garden through a chink in the hedge in Section 1?
2. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
3. What are the characters doing as their monologues progress in Section 8?
4. Who refers to "sudden kisses" as a "crudity"?
5. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)