|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dominant feature of the monologues during the middle of Section 8?
(a) There is constant interplay.
(b) Only Susan and Neville speak.
(c) Only Rhoda and Percival speak.
(d) Bernard speaks alone.
2. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(c) Dr. Crane.
3. What is most notable about Jinny's Section 6 monologue?
(a) She does not mention the children she has.
(b) She does not mention any of the other characters.
(c) She speaks solely about herself and Percival.
(d) She speaks in iambic pentameter.
4. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
(a) Stand and leave.
(b) Stand to greet him.
(c) Immediately begin recalling the past.
(d) Fall silent.
5. On what street is Rhoda walking when the reader encounters her in Section 5?
(a) Comstock Hill.
(b) Hampton Court.
(c) Strawberry Hill.
(d) Oxford Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
2. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
3. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
4. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
5. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)