|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the speakers expresses an appreciation for natural beauty in Section 3?
2. Who says, "Now let us issue from the darkness of solitude" at one point in Section 4?
3. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
4. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
(a) Rhoda has left him.
(b) He and Rhoda are married.
(c) He is a homosexual.
(d) He has struck up an affair with Jinny.
5. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
2. Which of the characters begins Section 8?
3. To which poet does Bernard compare himself to the point of attempting imitation in Section 3?
4. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
5. Who asserts, "One moment does not lead to another" in Section 4?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)