|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about her life is Jinny bemoaning when she begins her monologue in Section 7?
(a) That she has grown fat.
(b) That she has aged.
(c) That she cannot bear children.
(d) That she cannot find a husband.
2. Where does Bernard travel towards the end of his major monologue in Section 5?
(a) Jinny's house.
(b) Neville's flat.
(c) Louis' office.
(d) Susan's home.
3. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
(a) Jinny and Susan.
(b) Susan and Rhoda.
(c) Neville and Jinny.
(d) Louis and Rhoda.
4. What phrase does Susan use to describe her position in life as it is in Section 7?
(a) She has "reached the summit of her desires."
(b) That she is "not one of those who find their satisfaction in one person, or in infinity."
(c) That she is, "no longer young. No longer part of the procession."
(d) That she, "divests herself of her authority."
5. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
2. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
3. What significant fact do we learn about Susan's life in Section 6?
4. Who utters Section 4's final words, "Now Percival is gone"?
5. Who arrives to pick up Rhoda at the end of Section 1?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)