|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
(a) Heading to classes.
(b) Walking to lunch.
(c) Playing at recess.
(d) Going to chapel.
2. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
3. What is the effect of the sun's beams at the beginning of Section 5?
(a) They clearly define the objects they touch.
(b) They burn and destroy what they touch.
(c) They turn everything they touch white.
(d) They produce a glare off of everything they touch.
4. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
(d) Late afternoon.
5. What do the characters wish to do with the moment they share in the restaurant in Section 4?
(a) Cherish it.
(b) Tarnish it.
(c) Forget it.
(d) Meditate on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
2. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
3. In Section 8, what prevents the characters from relaxing around each other?
4. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
5. What should the reader infer that Rhoda is thinking about at the end of her Section 7 monologue?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)