|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins Section 3?
2. Who hears "something stamping"?
3. Where does Bernard travel towards the end of his major monologue in Section 5?
(a) Susan's home.
(b) Louis' office.
(c) Neville's flat.
(d) Jinny's house.
4. According to Section 7, what does Jinny resign herself to being in regards to the rest of her life?
5. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
(b) That it is the first time far from home.
(c) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
(d) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jinny characterize her social life as it is in Section 6?
2. What is the name of the cook at school?
3. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
4. Who is most deeply affected by the significant news in Section 5?
5. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)