|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Bernard in the beginning of Section 4?
2. What significant fact do we learn about Susan's life in Section 6?
(a) That she had an affair with Percival.
(b) That she is in love with Louis.
(c) That she has a baby.
(d) That she is dying.
3. What are the characters doing as their monologues progress in Section 8?
(a) Walking together through the streets.
(b) Going to Percival's grave.
(c) They are still in the restaurant, eating.
(d) Riding to Elvedon together.
4. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
(a) Queen Victoria.
(b) Queen Alexandra.
(c) Queen Elizabeth.
(d) King James I.
5. In Section 5, Neville struggles to accomplish what simple act?
(a) Getting out of bed.
(c) Getting dressed.
(d) Climbing stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to speak?
2. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
3. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
4. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
5. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)