|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
2. What time is it when Bernard begins his last monologue of Section 8?
(a) Very early in the morning.
(c) Very late at night.
(d) Nearly bed-time.
3. What do we learn from the end of Louis's major monologue in Section 6?
(a) That he and Neville have begun an affair.
(b) That he has moved in with Susan.
(c) That he is having an affair with Rhoda.
(d) That he is having an affair with Jinny.
4. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Almost 15.
(b) Not yet 21.
(c) Just turned 25.
(d) Just turned 19.
5. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
(a) Saying grace before dinner.
(b) Playing in the garden.
(c) Waking up.
(d) Going to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does the passage at the beginning of Section 5 describe?
2. What is significant about what day it is at the end of Section 2?
3. What is most notable about Jinny's Section 6 monologue?
4. What kind of insect does Woolf describe in the elaborate simile at the beginning of Section 7?
5. By the end of Section 6, what can we say for sure about Neville's feelings towards Percival?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)