|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should the reader infer that Rhoda is thinking about at the end of her Section 7 monologue?
(a) Falling in love.
(c) Bearing children.
2. What is all that Neville possesses?
(a) One bag.
(b) A book of phrases.
(c) A bible.
(d) A large trunk.
3. Which character closes Section 2?
4. In Section 8, what happens between Rhoda and Louis?
(a) They fight in private.
(b) They talk and rectify their past differences.
(c) They agree to get married.
(d) They do not speak to each other.
5. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) A picture on the wall.
(b) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
(c) The music.
(d) The people constantly passing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
2. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
3. Who is Section 6's last speaker?
4. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
5. Which of the children struggles with mathematics?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)