|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
2. Who kissed Louis in the garden?
3. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
(a) He has become famous.
(b) He is on his way to a funeral.
(c) He is dying.
(d) He is engaged to be married.
4. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) Fruity smells.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A spider's web.
(d) A globe.
5. Who is most deeply affected by the significant news in Section 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
2. Who "only understands cries of love, hate, rage and pain"?
3. How old is Jinny when the reader encounters her in Section 6?
4. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
5. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)