|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(a) Dr. Crane.
2. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
3. On what street is Rhoda walking when the reader encounters her in Section 5?
(a) Oxford Street.
(b) Strawberry Hill.
(c) Comstock Hill.
(d) Hampton Court.
4. What significant fact does the reader learn about Bernard's life early in Section 4?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He is engaged to be married.
(c) He has become famous.
(d) He is on his way to a funeral.
5. Where has the sun moved to at the beginning of Section 6?
(a) It is setting.
(b) It is just rising.
(c) It is past the mid-point in the sky.
(d) It is not out at all because it is night.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does Bernard stay where he travels in Section 7?
2. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
3. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
4. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
5. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)