|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Neville hears the significant news in Section 5, to what does he compare it?
(a) Waking from a dream.
(b) The loss of a family member.
(c) The kiss between Jinny and Louis.
(d) The end of his life.
2. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(b) A silent forest.
(c) The sun setting.
(d) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
3. Who has the first monologue of this Section 6?
4. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
5. What significant fact do we learn about Susan's life in Section 6?
(a) That she had an affair with Percival.
(b) That she has a baby.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That she is in love with Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant fact do we learn about Louis's love-life in the course of his major Section 7 monologue?
2. What are the characters doing as their monologues progress in Section 8?
3. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
4. In Section 5, how does Bernard describe Percival's presence in the lives of the other characters?
5. What time is it when Bernard begins his last monologue of Section 8?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)