|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to all the happenings as "scuffling and hubbub"?
2. What is the best way to characterize the tone of Bernard's first Section 8 monologue?
(b) Uneasy or anxious.
3. How old is Jinny when the reader encounters her in Section 6?
(a) "Past thirty."
(b) "Just forty."
(c) "Not yet thirty."
(d) "Nearly thirty-five."
4. Why have the characters gathered in Section 4?
(a) A farewell dinner for Louis.
(b) A farewell dinner for himself.
(c) A farewell dinner for Percival.
(d) A farewell dinner for Jinny.
5. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
(a) Stand and leave.
(b) Stand to greet him.
(c) Fall silent.
(d) Immediately begin recalling the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neville declare himself to be in Section 3?
2. In Section 8, what prevents the characters from relaxing around each other?
3. Where are the characters gathering in Section 8?
4. What are the characters doing as their monologues progress in Section 8?
5. Which subject do the children appear to have a strong grasp of?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)