|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
2. According to Section 7, what does Jinny resign herself to being in regards to the rest of her life?
3. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) The waves crashing on the beach.
(b) A sermon in church.
(c) The estate at Elvedon.
(d) Jinny kissing Louis.
4. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
(a) Late afternoon.
5. Who shifts in his seat in Section 2 so that he might catch a glimpse of Percival?
(b) Dr. Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the italicized prose at the beginning of the first section describe?
2. Which of the female characters seems most content with her place in life when the reader encounters her in Section 3?
3. Who says, "I am one person--myself"?
4. Who does Bernard decide against comforting in Section 5?
5. In Section 7, which two people does Susan name as those she "thinks sometimes of"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)