|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the female characters does Neville express respect for?
2. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) A spider's web.
(b) A globe.
(c) An elephant.
(d) Fruity smells.
3. Who repeats variations of the phrase, "I will gather my flowers and present them--Oh! to whom?"
4. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
5. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
(a) A silent forest.
(b) The sun at mid-point in the sky.
(c) The sun setting.
(d) Waves on the beach as the sun rises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
2. In Section 8, when does Bernard arrive in relation to the other characters?
3. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
4. What does Bernard seem to be struggling to do during his final monologue of Section 8?
5. Why have the characters gathered in Section 4?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)