|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rhoda offer to Percival in Section 5?
2. What significant fact do we learn about Susan's life in Section 6?
(a) That she had an affair with Percival.
(b) That she is in love with Louis.
(c) That she is dying.
(d) That she has a baby.
3. Generally, what word best describes the mood of Bernard at the end of section 8, as compared to the beginning?
(a) He has become more depressed.
(b) He remains anxious and unsure.
(c) He has fallen into confusion.
(d) His mood has improved.
4. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
5. In Section 7, where is Louis's new house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the next speaker in Section 7?
2. As the reader encounters him in Section 7, toward whom does Neville express some resentment or jealousy?
3. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
4. Who is most deeply affected by the significant news in Section 5?
5. Whose Section 6 monologue features a musing on the passing of seasons?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)