|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
2. By the end of Section 6, what can we say for sure about Neville's feelings towards Percival?
(a) That he was in love with Percival.
(b) That he hated Percival.
(c) That he felt Percival unduely held a position of high-regard.
(d) That Percival confused him.
3. What effect does Percival's presence have on the characters when he arrives in Section 4?
(a) It calms them.
(b) It confuses them.
(c) It enrages them.
(d) It causes them to leave.
4. Who hears "something stamping"?
5. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
(a) Immediately begin recalling the past.
(b) Stand to greet him.
(c) Stand and leave.
(d) Fall silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
2. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
3. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
4. What is the dominant image in the beginning of Section 2?
5. Where do we find the sun at the beginning of Section 7?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)