|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is all that Neville possesses?
(a) A book of phrases.
(b) A large trunk.
(c) One bag.
(d) A bible.
2. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
(a) Louis and Rhoda.
(b) Jinny and Susan.
(c) Susan and Rhoda.
(d) Neville and Jinny.
3. What effect does Percival's presence have on the characters when he arrives in Section 4?
(a) It calms them.
(b) It causes them to leave.
(c) It confuses them.
(d) It enrages them.
4. Who do Bernard and Rhoda assert Percival was in love with?
5. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
2. What do the characters wish to do with the moment they share in the restaurant in Section 4?
3. What separates Neville's monologue from the others in Section 6?
4. In Section 6, who does Susan deride towards the end of her monologue?
5. Which character closes Section 2?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)