|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bernard refer to as a "drunken sailor?"
(a) Dr. Crane.
2. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
3. What word does Louis use to characterize himself in Section 3?
4. What do the characters wish to do with the moment they share in the restaurant in Section 4?
(a) Forget it.
(b) Cherish it.
(c) Meditate on it.
(d) Tarnish it.
5. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) The people constantly passing her.
(b) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
(c) A picture on the wall.
(d) The music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neville declare himself to be in Section 3?
2. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
3. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
4. Whose Section 6 monologue features a musing on the passing of seasons?
5. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)