|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
(a) A globe.
(b) A spider's web.
(c) An elephant.
(d) Fruity smells.
2. What is the first speaker musing on at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) Classical poets.
(b) Whether there is an afterlife.
(c) The nature of identity.
(d) The form of waves.
3. Who is enamored with the light caused by Miss Lambert's ring?
4. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
(a) Its most uncompromising.
(b) Its dullest.
(c) Nearly its brightest.
(d) Its most merciful.
5. Who is primarily focused on appearances early in Section 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is this Section 4's opening speaker?
2. Whose Section 6 monologue features a musing on the passing of seasons?
3. Which character opens Section 2's monologues?
4. What is Louis's profession when the reader encounters him in Section 3?
5. Which of the characters appears most able to move on from the significant news in Section 5?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)