|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 4, how would you characterize the characters' attitude towards each other?
(a) Generally negative.
(d) Mostly favorable.
2. How does Rhoda react to the party in Section 3?
(a) She is excited and confident.
(b) She is bored and disinterested.
(c) She is scared and nervous.
(d) She is nauseous and delirious.
3. Who asserts, "The words of authority are corrupted by those who speak them"?
4. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
(b) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
(c) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
(d) That it is the first time far from home.
5. What one word is repeated throughout Susan's monologue in Section 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
2. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
3. In Section 5, who does Rhoda refer to as "a snob"?
4. Where has the sun moved to at the beginning of Section 6?
5. What does Neville conclude at the end of his Section 6 monologue?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)