|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to all the happenings as "scuffling and hubbub"?
2. Where does Bernard travel towards the end of his major monologue in Section 5?
(a) Louis' office.
(b) Jinny's house.
(c) Neville's flat.
(d) Susan's home.
3. What image is Susan reminded of at the end of her monologue in Section 3?
(a) Jinny kissing Louis.
(b) A sermon in church.
(c) The waves crashing on the beach.
(d) The estate at Elvedon.
4. To where does Percival travel from England?
(a) To Africa.
(b) To India.
(c) To America.
(d) To Australia.
5. Who decides to "put off my hopeless desire to be Susan, to be Jinny"?
(a) Mrs. Constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Bernard and Rhoda assert Percival was in love with?
2. Which of the girls is first to speak in Section 2?
3. What word best describes Rhoda's tone in Section 1?
4. In Section 4, how would you characterize the characters' attitude towards each other?
5. Who refers to "the hieroglyphs written on other people's faces" in Section 6?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)