|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the characters appears most able to move on from the significant news in Section 5?
2. Who witnessed the kiss in the garden through a chink in the hedge in Section 1?
3. In Section 6, who does Susan deride towards the end of her monologue?
4. When he is alone, who "is nothing" in Section 4?
5. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
(a) That Jinny is married.
(b) That Bernard is divorced.
(c) That Percival has died.
(d) That Neville has moved.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
2. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
3. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
4. Why have the characters gathered in Section 4?
5. What separates Neville's monologue from the others in Section 6?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)