|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refers to "the hieroglyphs written on other people's faces" in Section 6?
2. At one point in Section 6, Jinny says she is being "flung up, and flung down, like . . ." what?
(a) The waves.
(b) A ball being played with.
(c) A ship in the sea.
(d) A ragdoll.
3. How does Rhoda characterize herself at the end of Section 3?
(a) As a woman.
(b) As a fighter.
(c) As a girl.
(d) As a lover.
4. What is Louis doing upon the commencement of his major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Reading and eating.
(b) Meeting Bernard and Neville.
(d) Meeting Susan.
5. What does Neville declare himself to be in Section 3?
(a) A lover.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) An historian.
(d) A poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the singing of the birds described in Section 3's opening?
2. What are the boys doing when the monologues in Section 2 return to their perspective?
3. How does Wolfe describe the birds' song at the beginning of the first section?
4. Who refers to all the happenings as "scuffling and hubbub"?
5. What physical feature does Rhoda struggle to identify on others?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)