|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
2. What makes Jinny feel "native" in her environment?
(a) The music.
(b) The gaudiness of her surroundings.
(c) A picture on the wall.
(d) The people constantly passing her.
3. Whose Section 6 monologue features a musing on the passing of seasons?
4. What is most notable about Jinny's Section 6 monologue?
(a) She speaks solely about herself and Percival.
(b) She does not mention the children she has.
(c) She speaks in iambic pentameter.
(d) She does not mention any of the other characters.
5. What separates Neville's monologue from the others in Section 6?
(a) He is least troubled by Percival's death.
(b) He is the most content of any of the characters.
(c) He is most aware of aging.
(d) He is least aware of aging.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bernard seek to comfort during Section 1?
2. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
3. Who tells Rhoda in Section 1 that someone has arrived to pick her up?
4. What do the characters wish to do with the moment they share in the restaurant in Section 4?
5. Who remarks, "The world is entire, and I am outside of it . . ."?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)