|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point in Section 6, Jinny says she is being "flung up, and flung down, like . . ." what?
(a) A ragdoll.
(b) The waves.
(c) A ship in the sea.
(d) A ball being played with.
2. What is the name of the cook at school?
(a) Miss Curry.
(b) Miss Lambert.
(d) Miss Hudson.
3. Who is the first character to speak?
4. Who asserts, "One moment does not lead to another" in Section 4?
5. Why is one of the characters not permitted to go on the walk in Section 1?
(a) The character has to finish grammar exercises.
(b) The character has to go to the playing fields.
(c) The character is considered too sickly.
(d) The character has to picked up by an aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first of the female speakers in Section 3?
2. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
3. Who witnessed the kiss in the garden through a chink in the hedge in Section 1?
4. Who is picking flowers alone in the novel's first section?
5. In Section 6, Who remarks, "Percival has died . . . Life passes."?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)