|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters do upon Percival's arrival in Section 4?
(a) Stand and leave.
(b) Stand to greet him.
(c) Immediately begin recalling the past.
(d) Fall silent.
2. Who professes that Bernard looks composed?
3. Who is not permitted to go on the walk?
4. What is the first thing the reader learns in Section 5?
(a) That Neville has moved.
(b) That Bernard is divorced.
(c) That Percival has died.
(d) That Jinny is married.
5. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
2. In Section 2, Miss Lambert sits under a picture of whom?
3. Who professes, without reservation, "Life will divide us"?
4. What are the children doing as the novel begins?
5. After reading the opening to Section 4, about what time of day is it?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)