|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, what common action does Jinny find "strange"?
2. How does Bernard characterize his last day at school?
(a) One final ceremony.
(b) An occasion for tears.
(c) An occasion for laughter.
(d) As ambiguous in significance.
3. What is Susan doing when she begins her major monologue in Section 3?
(a) Meeting Jinny and Rhoda.
(b) Walking through London.
(c) Walking in the early morning.
(d) Going to sleep.
4. Which of the characters muses on a book that he wishes to keep when he is older?
5. Who witnessed the kiss in the garden through a chink in the hedge in Section 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What one word is repeated throughout Susan's monologue in Section 6?
2. How does Jinny characterize her social life as it is in Section 6?
3. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
4. Whose "mind is far too complex to be roused by any single activity"?
5. In Section 6, who does Susan deride towards the end of her monologue?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)