|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you characterize Neville's attitude as he waits for the others to arrive in Section 4?
2. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
(a) Its most merciful.
(b) Nearly its brightest.
(c) Its most uncompromising.
(d) Its dullest.
3. How old is Rhoda in Section 3?
(a) Just turned 19.
(b) Almost 15.
(c) Not yet 21.
(d) Just turned 25.
4. Who is the first character to speak?
5. What does Bernard acknowledge about his and the other boys' first night at school?
(a) That it is the first time apart from their sisters.
(b) That it is the first time far from home.
(c) That it is the first time sleeping in a new place.
(d) That it is the first time apart from their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
2. What is Bernard doing at the beginning of Section 3?
3. What does Bernard describe during his first line of monologue?
4. To what does the narrator compare the sound of the waves at the end of Section 3's beginning?
5. Who "only understands cries of love, hate, rage and pain"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)