|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Section 6, what can we say for sure about Neville's feelings towards Percival?
(a) That he hated Percival.
(b) That he felt Percival unduely held a position of high-regard.
(c) That Percival confused him.
(d) That he was in love with Percival.
2. What is all that Neville possesses?
(a) A large trunk.
(b) One bag.
(c) A book of phrases.
(d) A bible.
3. What effect does Percival's presence have on the characters when he arrives in Section 4?
(a) It causes them to leave.
(b) It calms them.
(c) It confuses them.
(d) It enrages them.
4. In Section 5, Neville struggles to accomplish what simple act?
(a) Climbing stairs.
(c) Getting out of bed.
(d) Getting dressed.
5. What is the name of the boys' headmaster?
(a) Dr. Ramsay.
(c) Dr. Bloom.
(d) Dr. Crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character closes Section 2?
2. In Section 5, who asks, "but what is the thing that lies beneath the semblance of the thing?"
3. Who is fond of the "orderly progress" exhibited by the schoolboys?
4. Who does Bernard refer to as "the authentics" in Section 4?
5. In the beginning of Section 5, what state does Woolf describe the sun as being in?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)